Vortex is BAD, sorry Nexus.

GeminaLuna

I don't understand the psychology of people just coming on here to rag on Vortex.

If you don't like it, don't use it. Keep using NMM. If you are capable of posting to a forum - you are capable of finding and using NMM.

This forum is here to help people who do want to use Vortex.

The rest should find a more productive use of their time. Go solve world hunger or something.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are capable of posting to a forum - you are capable of finding and using NMM.

Yet they weren't capable of reading the news post that stated NMM still works, they just need to update it. So, it's questionable what they are capable of to be honest.

The way I see it, if they can't work it out from the news post and hundreds of comments saying NMM has been updated to work with the new API, and they come here to rage about how Vortex is being forced on them, when it isn't, then it's unlikely (1) they would be able to learn the very shallow amount needed to grasp Vortex and (2) we'll miss them.

Guest deleted34304850

Why did you disable NMM and now are forcing us to use the crap that is Vortex? Yes I can download the mods then install them so I can still use NMM. What I want to know is why are you trying to FORCE us all to use something that is crap? I have used NMM since I started to add mods and the ease that is installs mods has always been simple. I tried Vortex and find it is total s*** when compared to NMM. It does not install mods with one step It does not work on systems with multi HDD SDD. With NMM I can store my nods on a HDD and run the game and NMM from a SDD. I fail to see any benefit to Vortex. I Do not think I am the only person that thinks Vortex a BAD idea.

it is not possible for anyone to be that blind, or ignorant that you would make this post. i simply have no comprehension of how you can leap to these conclusions. you are not even close to being correct on a single statement. it is a stream of conciousness that bears zero resemblence to reality.

you simply must be trolling. no-one, absolutely no-one can be this utterly, mind-numbingly stupid. it is simply not possible.

If you are capable of posting to a forum - you are capable of finding and using NMM.

Yet they weren't capable of reading the news post that stated NMM still works, they just need to update it. So, it's questionable what they are capable of to be honest.

The way I see it, if they can't work it out from the news post and hundreds of comments saying NMM has been updated to work with the new API, and they come here to rage about how Vortex is being forced on them, when it isn't, then it's unlikely (1) they would be able to learn the very shallow amount needed to grasp Vortex and (2) we'll miss them.

+1 Should just start locking these threads with a link to the community NMM version and a bye Felicia.

I have used or tried to use Vortex. If I wanted to go back to School or have to read pages and pages of directions the joy of playing a game is lost. I do not think that Vortex was designed with regular users in mind Yes for those that Mod it may be the Holy Grail but to those of us that want to add a few or a few hundred mods and play it is a pain. There is no default setting where you can store mods on one drive run the game and Vortex from another drive. You cant just install a mod you then have to deploy it. Why did they not make it a one step process. NMM had issues for sure but as for ease of use it is heads and shoulders above Vortex. Now that Nexus has ended support for NMM and do not allow us to download with it we now have to download then import into NMM and even at that NMM is still a better Mod manager for the average player. Vortex is not User friendly it is like Windows 98 and windows 8 and 10 not worth the trouble, If they wanted to do something smart they would use both and alloy the people that chose to use NMM the ability to still download and install with one click one step. My issue is they are taking this choice away from us and I do not know why. It is easier to manually install a mod then to use Vortex. If anyone could tell me what are any benefits Vortex has over NMM for Game players not Mod creators I am open to listen (well read)

Guest deleted34304850

i think you've said your piece here, it's best for all concerned if you just move on with your life.

@MasterGunner124

As stated in the Nexusmods news announcement, current NMM users may update to versions that work with the new API. The updated versions allow one to use the "Mod Manager Download" button. These updated versions are found on Nexusmods and on the community maintained GitHub site, as the news announcement points out.

The claim that Nexusmods is forcing NMM users to change their modding habits is pure myth.

@MasterGunner124 and anyone who is as confused

1. We are not forcing Vortex on anyone, if you read the news post you will learn that you simply need to update to the community-supported version of NMM: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4?tab=files

2. You can store your mods on a different drive than your game - just like with NMM. Only your mod staging folder needs to be on the same partition as the game - that's an engine requirement.

3. Automatic deployment is the default setting i.e. Vortex will automatically deploy a mod once you've installed it, making it a one-click installation process - unless you deliberately disabled automatic deployment.

4. You can still download from the site using NMM, see 1. and the news post.

I hope that clears things up for you and anyone else who has mistakenly made similar assumptions as you have.

Yes I did update NMM. I did not come here to Vent. I was expressing my Views. I did also say that Vortex may be the Holy Grail for mod developers and those that want to do more then download and install a Mod. My question is this what about the many people that never look at thses posts they have no idea that NMM can be updated. I never knew these forms existed till I accidentally found them. Cant you just go back to allowing NMM to update itself and make it easy on everyone? For me and many others we do not want to read unlimited pages of instructions or watch YouTube just to add a MOD to our game. I respect and thank the Mod Creators for their work and the fact without them I would have given up on all FO games and never would have bought them.The Mod creators allow us to tailor out games to be better for us. Making it harder to install mods just makes no sense. Again I thank the MOD creators here and on other places that make the mods I use. As for Vortex for me it has no benefits. I will stick with NMM. Just remember not everyone that adds a Mod t their game wants to be Mod Creators. We just want to be able to Dl and install the mods. Be well have a good day

Guest deleted34304850

vortex is a mod manager - it manages mods - it is not the holy grail for mod developers because it is not a tool to develop mods, just as nmm, or mo, or mo2 is not a tool to develop mods. you are conflating two different things, and because you quite evidently don't know what you're talking about, you are inferring they are the same thing. they are not. you are mistaken.

You use vortex to download and install mods the same as nmm. there is no other function here. you would know this if you actually bothered to try and understand what it is you are criticising, but you haven't done that. all you have done, consistently, is post absolute rubbish.

you now claim that your question is what about people who don't read these posts and have no idea NMM can be updated. The answer to that is, their mod manager would no longer function, they would open a support request and be guided appropriately. your previous posts are nothing to do with this question whatsoever, they were a collection of nonsense that you decided would all fit under the vortex banner.

nexusmods cannot just allow NMM to update itself (hey, did you know YOU have to do the update, NMM isn't sentient?). They don't support NMM and havent for two years. this has been written on the forums (that you don't read) and the main nexus site itself. if you didn't know this, its YOUR OWN FAULT. Ignorance is never an excuse. If you can't be bothered to read, and adapt then you don't get a voice criticising, especially when your criticisms are complete nonsense because you don't know what you're talking about because you can't be bothered to educate yourself. Do you see the loop here? Read closely, it's as plain as day.

there are no "unlimited" instructions. you can - if you're THAT bothered, and your number of posts suggest you are THAT bothered, learn vortex in an hour or less. You don't want to do that because - well see the previous paragraph.

Vortex does not make it harder to install mods, it makes it easier by an order of magnitide. Again, if you'd bothered to research, you'd know this for a fact but you don't because ... see the previous paragraphs.

You can stick with NMM, just stop coming here and filling this thread with absolute and utter gibberish. You've said your piece, three times, and in each post, all you have done is magnify just how utterly clueless you are about vortex, mod managers and their role.