Ban for Fun

alex2avs

• 2 weeks later...

Banning alex2avs for feeling like hanging around and posting a bit.

I found Golden Currant.

I have had a tennis shoe stabbed through by a thorn on a Prickly Pear a time or two when walking on public park land. You could say one found me first, because I was not paying attention to where I stepped.

Didn't know we have Western Snowberry. Found one many times, just didn't know it was one until now.

Wood Rose too, was one; very visible at times.

Oh and those plant's my little sister said are yucky, they are and called Narrow leafed Yucca.

I never knew rabbits had Rubber Rabbitbrush. There was some growing near where I grew up until the city expanded out farther.

Who knew Blue Flax was anything but something Mom called a pretty blue flower?

And Skunkbush Sumax! No! Not a skunk; a Skunkbush Sumax.

I found all of them, a little late in the year for some of them to have flowers. It was difficult to spot them without a better description and pictures. The plants are all over the area near where Lewis and Clark and the research team camped.

• 10 months later...

I ban Oblivionaddicted because there's a storm outside and I am feeling like it's my inner feelings getting out.

Banny Pagafyr for still posting in this thread after all these years.

How was the expedition ?

I ban alex2avs. There are still so many wonders I don't know about. I am just now experiencing sorrow we couldn't shared the expedition.