Texture priority

Vektor3

Hi. I’m getting a little confused as to how certain textures get used over other ones.

What I would like to do is use SavrenX’s textures as a base, but then replace them with things like Vivid Fallout, A Little Bit of Green, and Natural Landscapes where they overlap.

I installed Vivid Fallout, A Little Bit of Green, and Natural Landscapes first. Then I installed SavrenX’s textures, expecting me to ask to overwrite some of the others, and I would just say no, but it didn’t ask to replace any. Should I have installed Vivid Fallout, A Little Bit of Green, and Natural Landscapes after SavrenX’s textures? Or does it have something to do with what load order I put them in? I am using LOOT.

Thanks in advance for any help.

He needs to do what Vortex does with LOAD BEFORE and LOAD AFTER, but because of NMM limitations, he has to install the mods in the correct order in order to overwrite the proper textures.

If he installs them in the wrong order, he'll have to uninstall the mods and try a different install order.
With Vortex, it's just a matter of using Load Before and Load After.

• 2 weeks later...

(So sorry. Thought this was a different thread. My apologies.)

Pretty sure this was a load order conflict, but even after I uninstalled everything related, and reinstalled it in the proper order, it still didn't turn out right.

In the end, I went with an alternative. Unzipped Vault Suit - CBBE - Bodyslide - AWKCR. I installed it with the Replacer Version. I also installed the Proto Vault Suit mod (Shadow Hexa 1.2) just to recolor it. (Very cool.) I installed the Unzipped and Zipped Vault Suit Bodyslide with Physics Body Files as well. It all worked very well, I now have the suit in the game, and I'm very happy with it.

9786e80b496e73e0ee4960f2e0b1f060_origina

Edited by Vektor3

Actually, it's just a matter of rearranging your load order in NMM. You can do that from the Plugins tab by highlighting the mod and moving it up or down the load order. As far as which changes show, remember that the last mod wins. If you have three mods that change the same texture, then the last mod which loads provides the textures that you see. The game loads files from the top of the plugins list to the bottom. If there is no .esp for the mod, which is sometimes the case with texture mods, then you will have to uninstall/reinstall the mods until you get the textures where you want them.