Frequently Asked Questions

LHammonds

Here's a question that I know is common, since in my quest for the answer, all I can find are oodles of people asking it:

Where is a list of the quest ID's and quest stages???

I have a glitched quest that I can't get past, but could if I had this handy-dandy list.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if it is possible but i cannot figure out how to spawn items that have been modded into the game. for instance when i am in the command console and i type player.additem <item id shown in console> x it tells me that the item number is invalid. so with fook2 i can get the item codes but i cant spawn any of the items or for similar mods that add guns or armor i am still stuck.

the reason why you are having difficulty spawning items from a mod is because you likely aren't using the correct first two digits, the template for an item code is: xx000000 where x is the file's position in your load order and the 0s are whatever the rest of the id is, if you have FOMM i suggest using that because it tells you what the first two digits should be. In the GECK it only calculates the load order of the files you are examining so if you have the ffook esp as say seventeenth in your load order the id coad in the game for gun x is 0000blahblahblah, but in the game with all your other files loaded it would be xx00blahblahblah (again where xx is the load order code denominator, see FOMM for an easier examination of what the first two digits are for any loaded files.) hope I was of help, I don't know how frequent this question is however it's not the first time I've answered it maybe worth putting a blerb about it in this thread, I haven't checked the links for people looking for console codes so I don't know if it's addressed there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
the reason why you are having difficulty spawning items from a mod is because you likely aren't using the correct first two digits, the template for an item code is: xx000000 where x is the file's position in your load order and the 0s are whatever the rest of the id is, if you have FOMM i suggest using that because it tells you what the first two digits should be. In the GECK it only calculates the load order of the files you are examining so if you have the ffook esp as say seventeenth in your load order the id coad in the game for gun x is 0000blahblahblah, but in the game with all your other files loaded it would be xx00blahblahblah (again where xx is the load order code denominator, see FOMM for an easier examination of what the first two digits are for any loaded files.) hope I was of help, I don't know how frequent this question is however it's not the first time I've answered it maybe worth putting a blerb about it in this thread, I haven't checked the links for people looking for console codes so I don't know if it's addressed there.

i have also come to notice or discover....you may think you have the right codes...and your doing it right....but the number is off by 1 or something becuse your load order is off....example....i had fallout first and then the DLC....like it should be....but for some brain dead reason i dont remember why i thought it was ok to stick something inbeteen them like...

FO3 esm

somerandommod esm

DLC esm's

that was a mod but also a master(esm) but having it after fallout and before the DLCs made the number off from what FOMM showed.....so like way down tha list if i wanted an item from a mod and its number 5300asas....it was off and i had to go one up or down i dont remember wich like use 54 instead or 52 i dont remember...but it was off by 1 untill i moved tha mod esm where it should have been below the DLCs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...