You need to scrap vortex and start over.

sovs

I'm very happy with Vortex, honestly. And I didn't have to read anything to make it work. I find it very intuitive. And I don't consider myself as an advanced user. At first I used NMM, it worked fine until some time and some mods stopped working and I didn't have any idea why.

192 mods in FO4, using F4SE.

181 mods in Skyrim, using SKSE.

The most difficult thing I had to do was installing a mod, installing a new version of this mod from other user, having to rewrite only one file of the old mod, not the entire mod. I could do that. I did it.

Lets look at a complex case:

Some weeks ago I tried to install a preset en FO4 for Looksmenu. The modder instructions were:

-You need all these mods to get this exact preset. Use Vortex, NMM or MO2 and follow this (the author mentioned these managers).

Install first these two mods in this order: texture 1 and texture 2. So, I understand the texture 2 should prevail (o overwrite) over texture 1.

Then, install the rest of the mods (another 5-6 textures). No install order given. Then, go to the data directory and delete some files (original files from Fo4, eyebrows type). I was afraid of doing this, so I bakup these files, but I deleted them.

There was hundreds of conflicts among them. And I didn't know how to make rules because I had no clue. Using NMM, I hadn't know which textures should overwrite others. I got the black bug face, even after trying several combinations I tried uninstalling all these mods and restoring the backup files. No solution, just black bug face. I had to reinstall FO4.

It was a Mod manager problem? Not at all. I had the same problems with two mod managers. It was either my lack of knowledge from managing textures or bad instructions given by the modder. Probably the first.

So, I want to say modding problems come a lot from users, not from mod managers.

Edited by Narankiwi

Vortex currently accounts for over 66% of mod manager users on Nexus Mods (18.5% NMM, 14.6% MO2). You're going to need to be a lot more specific because the vast majority of our users have moved over to Vortex in under 2 years and seemingly don't have a problem with it.

Sure. But that's because you did everything you could to strike Nexus Mod Manager from the records. And that folks who use Vortex "seemingly don't have a problem with it" is correct. Especially the word "seemingly".

The download for the latest community version of NMM IS ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE VORTEX DOWNLOAD.

Show me your 350+ plugins, you can use zmerge and bashes if you want, show me how well Vortex does it.

I used it after it came out and it was a unstable mess, sure mods can be blamed to a certain extent, but it's also the mod manager's job to work with them.

Ahem. All stable. For Oblivion, I kad to do what HTR mentioned about repacking some mods. For VTMBL, Vortex has the capability to install into the default folder or the "Unofficial Patch" folder (this setting is under "mod type"):