Form 43

Commodore65

For the last week now ive been downloading alot of interesting mods. and i keep finding mods that are form 43. yet they are posted as SSE ports. Is there a way of reporting these?

i use Mod organizer 2. and i keep getting this error with good mods. Like Khajiit speak. its form 43. It wasnt properly ported. or they took the shortcut and just reuploaded it as a SSE port without actually opening in CK SE.

I know that the form 43 is a basic error i could just ignore, but the mods could potentially break by running it. Which is my game breaks i have every right to be extremely mad. My load order is fine. Hasnt had a crash or anything yet, but the mod creators need to be held responsible for once.

There should be a drop down specifically for reporting things like this on SSE mods. "Incompatible with SSE" or something of that nature.

yo im not expert but after readings facts about using old form mods to SSE is game breaking like Random CTD or corrupted game SAVE, random CTD yes i've experienced that but corrupted SAVE idk since the longest i played on a single save file is like 2 weeks of game play and my save FILE is fine, i have like 10 form 43 mods on my load order back in feb. this year when i was new to skyrim so yes mods with form 43 is giving me random CTDs, i removed all of them CTDs is gone, if you downloaded a mod in SSE that is still in old form i know it sucks but instead of complaining just convert it on your own if u have CK run it correct the form then save, if u don't have a CK like me i use SSE Edit to correct the form, NIF OPTIMIZER(To Scan textures & Nif Files to convert it to SSE or LE), Cathedral Assets Optimizer for animation hkx files, i never converted animation files yet but i did successfully converted an LE armor mod like The Contractor and Evil Mastermind of the Great author Zerofrost by just using SSE Edit and NIF OPTIMIZER just watch some tutorials you can do it on your own easily, i hope this help good luck!

I only draw the line when there are corrupted saves and/or constant crashes. So far, none of this ever happened with old form plugins.

But it is easy to convert, though. Just open CK, change a value, then change it back, and save.

No need to call for a witch hunt against modders. This would bring more cabbage retextures and useless player homes to the front page.

The only mod which caused corrupted saves for me was BS:Bruma, which put a mountain in the sky and made me lost a 21-hour playthrough, as all the save files were corrupted in that case. And it was form 44.

No need to call for a witch hunt against modders.

It's not about a witch-hunt, it's about holding modders responsible for uploading "ports" that haven't been done properly. This especially true for modders that are porting other people's work. I shouldn't have to go through and fix a mod that was supposed have been done properly from the start; and I'm getting really tired of having to do that by the way.

yo im not expert but after readings facts about using old form mods to SSE is game breaking like Random CTD or corrupted game SAVE, random CTD yes i've experienced that but corrupted SAVE idk since the longest i played on a single save file is like 2 weeks of game play and my save FILE is fine, i have like 10 form 43 mods on my load order back in feb. this year when i was new to skyrim so yes mods with form 43 is giving me random CTDs, i removed all of them CTDs is gone, if you downloaded a mod in SSE that is still in old form i know it sucks but instead of complaining just convert it on your own if u have CK run it correct the form then save, if u don't have a CK like me i use SSE Edit to correct the form, NIF OPTIMIZER(To Scan textures & Nif Files to convert it to SSE or LE), Cathedral Assets Optimizer for animation hkx files, i never converted animation files yet but i did successfully converted an LE armor mod like The Contractor and Evil Mastermind of the Great author Zerofrost by just using SSE Edit and NIF OPTIMIZER just watch some tutorials you can do it on your own easily, i hope this help good luck!

i stopped reading after "im not expert"...

No need to call for a witch hunt against modders.

It's not about a witch-hunt, it's about holding modders responsible for uploading "ports" that haven't been done properly. This especially true for modders that are porting other people's work. I shouldn't have to go through and fix a mod that was supposed have been done properly from the start; and I'm getting really tired of having to do that by the way.

This happens because the engine fixes requires a older version of the CK, which is not available through the Bethesda launcher. If this exe was available in the Nexus, this could help those modders, since to open the CK without the fixes takes up to five minutes, with several error messages, which discourages them to convert the plugins to form 44.

Edited by Wolfstorm

i use about 20 form 43 mods in my 600+ se mo2 setup. character level 108. my game runs stable. i did many tests with many form 43 mods in sse.

i would recommend: dont't try to make form 43 esp to esl and don`t make any other form 43 incompatible changes or dirty edits in sse and eveything should be ok with form 43 esp. this is my empiric experience. never had any problem with a clean form 43 esp in se. always make backup and do some tests. but you should do this also with form 44 esp mods.

sse is multi form compatible if the mod is not dirty edited. any form incompatible change will lead to instability. so it's vitaly important to know if an esp is form 43 or 44 before you try to set the esl flag or any other form 44 specific value in se.

for more details on that:
https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/The_difference_between_Skyrim_and_Skyrim_SE_plugins

yo im not expert ....

...so yes mods with form 43 is giving me random CTDs

, i removed all of them CTDs is gone,

so you removed form 43 mods and ctd are gone. and what does this tell us about form 43 see compatibility ? i clearly say: nothing. you are just assuming but it is much more likely that the mods were buggy or somehow conflicting. how could my game still run without any ctd or faulty save reaching level 108 after 1 year gameplay using about 20 form 43 esp mods ? sure, i experienced ctd - but they were never form 43 related but mod conflicts i could trace and i solved all of them.