Please stop begging for money

Armathyx

@armathyx There is a huge difference between accepting donations or patronage in thanks for already created works which are openly available to the public for no cost implied or expressed and actually SELLING content made with Bethesda's proprietary software using their copyrighted IP. Making things available only through a pay gateway to those people who have paid something is against TOS of the publisher. Accepting a cup of coffee or lunch on someone who loves the work you do is just someone being nice and encouraging you to continue your efforts. Now if you offered exclusive content in exchange for those donations, you'd be back in sticky paid mod territory.

TLDR; you are wrong from a legal/TOS position.

Then you tax the donations.

Oh, that sounds like a "Blatant Money Grab", and I'm sure people (I mean "WE") would "hate seeing it on every page" when mod authors would have to post a disclaimer, plus "WE" would all sit around and "Remember how Nexus used to be, back in ye olden days" of 2017, and "Pine for the Fjords"

Frankly, the way you are arguing just makes you look selfish and immature.

You were going so well.

This reminds me of a little story someone once told me. Not quite a story actually, more of a fact. Say you're staying in a room full of people for an hour. During that whole hour you behave well, speak politely and even start making some friends. All's going well, but at the very last minute, at the very last second, you trip someone over and they fall flat on their face. Well, no one's gonna remember you for the hour you spent being polite, everyone will remember only you being an ass in the end. It's just like what happens when you slide in a little personal attack in the middle of an otherwise very civil and researched post.

Anyway I'm far too outnumbered to keep going on here, can't convince a mob alone. See you 'round!

You were going so well.

This reminds me of a little story someone once told me. Not quite a story actually, more of a fact. Say you're staying in a room full of people for an hour. During that whole hour you behave well, speak politely and even start making some friends. All's going well, but at the very last minute, at the very last second, you trip someone over and they fall flat on their face. Well, no one's gonna remember you for the hour you spent being polite, everyone will remember only you being an ass in the end. It's just like what happens when you slide in a little personal attack in the middle of an otherwise very civil and researched post.

Anyway I'm far too outnumbered to keep going on here, can't convince a mob alone. See you 'round!

Switching back to your other account?

(You mentioned earlier that you had two...)

You were going so well.

May want to edit that first post of yours then. Sure maybe you didn't slam dunk the site as hard as you could have (I have seen worse) but you were definity being a whiner (or at the very least nothing close to my idea of what polite looks and sounds like).

Then you tax the donations.

Nexus doesn't need taxation revenue from mods, the mods are what DRAWS people here and helps them get advertising revenue, it's why Nexus actually throws a few bucks in the tip jar as well in the form of download points to authors; it's the source of the draw for their business. Ultimately you are saying that you are too cheap to pay for anything and you want everything for free. Sorry buddy it doesn't work that way. Authors like myself and Arthmoor and Ethreon provide a huge service to Nexus by providing mods for it's users to download, what exactly do you provide? hmmmm... nothing, if you are too cheap to buy a lifetime premium membership (which is a freaking steal btw), then I'll bet you have never given a thank you tip to any modder and likely don't even endorse very often either.

Just buck up and buy a membership and that'll be it; you'll have faster download speed and will have done your part to help support the modders and the venue through which you get your free content from.

then I'll bet you have never given a thank you tip to any modder and likely don't even endorse very often either.

He's given ZERO endorsements in the three years he's been here.

But he's also claiming this is a second account in order to be able to post "Anonymously"

The reason I used a 1 forum post 2017 account to make this thread was specifically for anonymity.

There is also Supporter membership, which (correct me if I'm wrong) along with premium, removes the ads.

Premium membership removes the premium notices that seems to be the major point of contention.

Guest deleted34304850

You were going so well.

That isn't in any way a "fact" its an allegory at most.

Why don't you man up, and post your nonsense grievances on your "real" account, and at the same time, pony up for supporter and see what difference that gets you? Anonymous cowards don't really win many arguments, especially when they post absolute rubbish and continue to double down on that nonsense.

You were going so well.

That isn't in any way a "fact" its an allegory at most.

Why don't you man up, and post your nonsense grievances on your "real" account, and at the same time, pony up for supporter and see what difference that gets you? Anonymous cowards don't really win many arguments, especially when they post absolute rubbish and continue to double down on that nonsense.

I don't know, why don't you man up and talk about the topic at hand?

The title of this thread should make it clear this conversation is about Nexus' premium advertisements, not about my personal life. So why don't you take your ad hominem and shove it right back where it came from, see what difference that gets you?

I mean, since you're so hellbent on discrediting me based on how I have an account with only a handful of comments and you have an old account with several thousand, maybe you'd like to show that you're indeed more aware of its guidelines than I am:

kCSOo2r.png

EDIT: Nevermind I give up, you actually got me to root for the admins.

Edited by Armathyx