• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.

I've done this 4 times already, and it only kinda worked, so I'm willing to give it another shot.

1. right click the windows logo on the left lower corner and select settings
  2. scroll down to the about and click that
  3. scroll down and take a screen shot of that and post it.

IF the game is a steam game? then I can post some screen shots of exactly what you need to do in order to get that game installed to a good place to remove all thoughts about incorrectness.

1. Install-Fallout-3-Game-of-the-Year-Editi
  2. Install-Fallout-3-Game-of-the-Year-Editi
  3. last-events.jpg

I'll have to table this for now as I am about to sleep for the night. (It's 1:30AM here).

However, I thank you for the feedback and I shall definitely get started on that soon after I wake up again.

If there's any other steps you can list for me to do on top of those, go ahead and I shall follow them to the letter.

I'll have to table this for now as I am about to sleep for the night. (It's 1:30AM here).

However, I thank you for the feedback and I shall definitely get started on that soon after I wake up again.

If there's any other steps you can list for me to do on top of those, go ahead and I shall follow them to the letter.

read this thread:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8885063-megaton-crash/page-2&do=findComment&comment=82771678

read this thread:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8885063-megaton-crash/page-2&do=findComment&comment=82771678

I'm guessing, but having everything directly in the C drive in it's own folder would mean quicker access and smoother functions?

read this thread:

I'm guessing, but having everything directly in the C drive in it's own folder would mean quicker access and smoother functions?

Not quite, it makes sure that UAC is no longer involved so harshly. UAC "User Account Controls" windows security.

2nd , you can't just MOVE stuff without consequences. Now, all the files you have currently that once were in C:\Program Files And Folders (x86) are Write protected and have permissions assigned to them. AKA they were tagged. so it does not matter what you do with them, they are write protected. you can't do that if you want to modify the files.

So, the best thing is to get rid of them and re-install the game in a properly to remove Write protections and permission issues all together.

No one will go after you due to the path statement I just showed you how in public. so no worries.

Once the game is installed and you have ran it long enough to escape the vaults and do a little sight seeing. then we can discus the modding layouts.

Well if that's the case, I should be good to skip a step. FO3 wasn't installed via program files this last time. I installed it directly to Documents through the Steam folder. Everything done this last time was done outside of the program files folder.

So, according to what you're saying, none of the files should have that write protection on them, correct?