Steam. It holds all your games

there is no fear of loosing them

Steam can be reinstalled any where and access to the games are accessible at any time.

all your stuff is stored on their servers, what ever you own remains there. All you're doing is downloading copies of what you bought .

that's all.

you can not move STEAM and not expect problems

but you can reinstall it any where while leaving the other install alone. here, we can get tricky and move steam games within steam profiles AKA install locations.

Best NOT to be doing things like that. But it's possible. Any way in that case, a person would need to verify any games so moved. in order to fix windows registry keys.

other wise lol your in deep again.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just have choose an install location that wouldn't be affected by the write-only protection?

Correct, When you Choose to make New Folder? this is when you Lock off Windows from interfering with the data you're about to install, the first folder is new, steam has the rights.

So the folder can be named anything, you could call it Loidsbank or kanipsionfit, any thing, the game will install into that folder clean.

If you want to call it the Jade Cat? you can. the point is, you're now in control, and windows sort of isn't.

IF that USB drive ? is large enough? you can point to that location, no problem.

Edited by Purr4me

Alright, this is gonna take a bit. I have to remove Steam from C and place it elsewhere temporarily. It's not allowing me to create a new, uncorrupted/write-protected folder in C because it "already has a Steam library folder" in C, according to Steam.

I shall move it, create the folder, designate it, then continue from there.

Alright, this is gonna take a bit. I have to remove Steam from C and place it elsewhere temporarily. It's not allowing me to create a new, uncorrupted/write-protected folder in C because it "already has a Steam library folder" in C, according to Steam.

I shall move it, create the folder, designate it, then continue from there.

How much space is available on the usb drive?