• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what exactly do I do with the graphics bypass package? Download, extract, run, or should I use FOMM for it?

download it manually and extract it

copy just the fallout ini file and the *.dll to the root of the game folder where the games executable is located .But only after you have ran the game first---not before.

the reason is , you must allow steam to complete it's core functions with it's own software instructions launching the game directly from steam.

This establishes al the correct registry entries into the system.

I know I am a wind bag, but I hope you understand all of this.

after the game crashes if it does. you close it down and copy these 2 files to the game. Now run it again from steam and it should no longer crash on you.

Just don't start modding the crap out of the game before hand. you've been through too many puddles and are soaked to the brim with failures to start all over again.

So, run Fallout 3 after it finishes installing, set up the game, get through 101 (just to be safe), save and quit, then after downloading and extracting, put fallout.ini and .dll from the Intel bypass into the Fallout 3 goty folder and say "yes" to replace?

Am I following so far??

Exactly on the spot. you got it.

Lol, I'm anal about getting everything right when asking for help.

It will be a little bit though, as my internet is slow, (apologies), so I'm gonna eat, watch an episode of Magocal Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, and be back in about 30 minutes.

That's Ok, the Mistress Of Mystic Arts will be here for you.

Kitty Black

So, run Fallout 3 after it finishes installing, set up the game, get through 101 (just to be safe), save and quit, then after downloading and extracting, put fallout.ini and .dll from the Intel bypass into the Fallout 3 goty folder and say "yes" to replace?

Am I following so far??

If you are referring to the Intel HD Graphics Bypass package, if you get this far, you don't need it. What that file does is give the game false information about your graphics processor so that the game sets the graphics and allows the game to run. You have to start the game from the FalloutLauncher.exe the first time the game runs.

What you do need to do is edit the Fallout.ini that is located in My Documents/My Games/ Fallout3. You need to set bUseThreadedAI=1 and add iNumHWThreads=2.

This will reduce your CPU to using only 2 threads while you are running the game.

Am I following so far??

If you are referring to the Intel HD Graphics Bypass package, if you get this far, you don't need it. What that file does is give the game false information about your graphics processor so that the game sets the graphics and allows the game to run. You have to start the game from the FalloutLauncher.exe the first time the game runs.

What you do need to do is edit the Fallout.ini that is located in My Documents/My Games/ Fallout3. You need to set bUseThreadedAI=1 and add iNumHWThreads=2.

This will reduce your CPU to using only 2 threads while you are running the game.

Those settings are in fact in the new inii file. so yes, this is needed and is 1 less step required.

I know what I'm doing:

Instructions.jpg

Edited by Purr4me