Photo

Fallout 4 Crashing to desktop

Best Answer Exzerno , 17 September 2020 - 03:03 AM

Ok so I got things working now. 
What I did was I removed all the Ini files as well in my documents > my games > Fallout4 

Started a vanilla playthrough and made my way to Concord I exited the game to get my Fallout4custom.ini and I put in what I need to mod 
I modded my Fallout and did a other test with mods and it is now working! 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Exzerno

Exzerno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

So I've spent around 200 hours into Fallout 4 with atleast over 70 mods installed, I had no crashing issues what so ever. I uninstalled everything and deleted all the mods off Vortex to make room for other games. well I decided to get back into Fallout 4 and re installed it and wanted to test out some FPS boost mods within Boston, so I had a FPS boost mod and alternate start so I can skip the intro, well doing so I kept crashing to desktop, I uninstalled all my mods and played vanilla and kept crashing to desktop. I installed the Buffout 4 mod to see my crash error and I got something but I have no knowledge on crash errors. 

https://i.gyazo.com/...b515401bda9.png

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,176 posts

When you 'deleted all the mods off vortex' did you PURGE AND UNINSTALL them from Fallout 4 first?

Exzerno

Exzerno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

When you 'deleted all the mods off vortex' did you PURGE AND UNINSTALL them from Fallout 4 first?

I deleted my entire Fallout 4 folder and then went into vortex and removed every mod from the list 

Exzerno

Exzerno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
✓  Best Answer

Ok so I got things working now. 
What I did was I removed all the Ini files as well in my documents > my games > Fallout4 

Started a vanilla playthrough and made my way to Concord I exited the game to get my Fallout4custom.ini and I put in what I need to mod 
I modded my Fallout and did a other test with mods and it is now working! 

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 13,014 posts

Thanks for coming back with your solution! 

Page loaded in: 0.948 seconds