BUG: Vortex will start deploying mods after purge & disabled mod remove

CzBuCHi

How to reproduce:

1. install at least 2 mods to game (say mod A and mod B; in my case game is Fallout 4)

2. disable mod A, enablle mod B - vortex will deploy mod B files to game folder

3. hit purge button - no mod A or mod B files in game folder after this

4. delete disabled mod A - vortex will start deploying enabled mod B to game folder

expected behavior:

vortex will detect, that game folder was purged and do not start deploying enabled mods after removing mod (i dont think that in this case doesnt matter if mod was enabled or not) - it will only show "deploy pending" notification

maybe better idea: make auto mod deploy toggleable so it can be disabled during (un)installing multiple mods

I've asked Tannin about this before, I believe it works this way to make sure that all files from the disabled mod have been removed and (if required) the relevant file conflicts are deployed. For example if you have Mod A, Mod B and Mod C and a rule that mod C overwrites files in Mod B. Once you disable Mod C Vortex will need to deploy the files from Mod B to replace the ones previously provided by Mod C.

Guest deleted34304850

How to reproduce:

1. install at least 2 mods to game (say mod A and mod B; in my case game is Fallout 4)

4. delete disabled mod A - vortex will start deploying enabled mod B to game folder

expected behavior:

vortex will detect, that game folder was purged and do not start deploying enabled mods after removing mod (i dont think that in this case doesnt matter if mod was enabled or not) - it will only show "deploy pending" notification

maybe better idea: make auto mod deploy toggleable so it can be disabled during (un)installing multiple mods

in your example, are mod a and mod b touching the same files? that isn't made clear.

How to reproduce:

expected behavior:

You mean add this option?

Auto-Deploy-box.jpg