Fallout 4 Patented: What we wanna see brought over from NV

SMB92

What I want Kept/added:

1: The combined story of FO3 and NV. At least, how I see them. For me, the story of FO3 was compelling, Finding your dad. Especially cause at the time of me having the game, my dad was deployed over seas. So I would like a story that is as compelling to me as that, something that would keep driving me onward. But, I do want the multiple paths of FNV, the companions (who were light years ahead of anything FO3 had), and the sidequests, which felt as compelling as the main quest for FNV most of the time.

2: Every single bit of weaponry from both games. It doesn't make sense, to me, that the Army's weapon of choice (FO3's R91) would be no where to be found in FNV. And other things, like if the chinese officers sword is found in DC, why not Arizona (Note: there is probably a plot point related to this that I have forgotten, in which case, ignore that one). My list of wanted weapons even goes into stuff from the first two games, that I couldn't get in this one, like the Colt 6520, D.Eagle, etc. I know someone said modding could handle this, but all the same, lore-wise it should be there.

3: Skyrims animated death's. When I sneak behind someone, and I silently kill them, I want an animation to play. In FO3 and FNV, sneaking for me was only good at a distance, when crouching improved aim. I never felt like a proper assassin when I knifed someone silently in FNV, only a moron who didn't bring enough ammo. Speaking of assassins...

4: Guilds. Anything from bounty hunters/assassins to law bringers and thieves. Yes, kind of Elder Scroll's-esque, but oh well.

5: Crafting/smithing. Finding lead, or any material good enough for a bullet, in FNV was a pain. Maybe I could mine for it? Then I could make all the ammo I want, I don't have to buy a thing, almost.

6: A level up system akin to Mount & Blade. Using certain weapons would increase your skill with that weapon type, but when you level up, you can allocate points to skills, so you're guns skill would go up even faster.

7: Weapon modding. Nuff said.

Things I want taken away:

1:Nothing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I would like animations that seem less "stiff", more fluid, yet natural and realistic.

2. More hairstyles for those who don't want to be either crazy-looking or a punk.

3. Unlevelled world, with the balance kept in place by balanced guns.

4. More realistic melee weapons (because the machetes in FNV looked nothing like machetes.)

5. Good companions, with SMART AI. I want my companion to fire a weapon alongside me, not in front of me.

6. Improved speech. Better facial animation for NPCs (where's the eyebrow movement?)

7. A separate UI for PC and console games, so both can have goodness.

8. Fluid movement.

9. More Roleplaying! In the dialogue, there should be many options for a reply. I'm sick of Skyrim leaving me with two choices which are "Of course I'll help you", and "You are a filthy dog, I have better things to do than your worthless crap!" I mean, what happened to simply "I don't have the time"?

Edited by billyro

How abou this: Fallout China or Eurpoe? I want to and know more about the nuclear world out side of the U.S.. And the above quest, more modible weapons, HIGHER LEVEL Cap, Skillls that can go above 100. That would work great with FO3 pass/fail for the speech questions system. I liked that.

Yes yes these are a lot of great suggestions, I hope Bethesda reads this thread.

I agree with all of the above, and yes a Fallout game based somewhere else other than the US would be a great idea although I can see why they don't do it, biggest market is America XD. Would be nice if we had a game with multiple Wastelands like go from the US to somewhere in Europe, to the UK or where ever, that would be great. Or even the Arctic/Antartic, where we could see some mutant penguins and killer whales XDXDXD

Overall Bethesda, we want a more enhanced game, keeping along the same track and scope the game previous are already on!

I'll get into actual NV stuff brought over soon, but first... Considering F4 is going to be next gen, well, at worst next gen and current gen, I hope we get a 64-bit exe and DX11, but the latter should be for sure I would think. (Then again, who knows lol) And of course a very stable engine in general.

Outside that, no console exclusives unless necessary, like having a KB/M UI for PC, (but keep controller too if controllers are used) etc Just no special DLC and hopefully no 30 day exclusives, but those aren't that bad at least.

In game, well, I think the perfect game would be Bethesda's world building with Obsidian's writing. I did prefer F3's story in that it's a heroic type of story, but I feel there should be an actual ending for completely evil characters as well as any flavor inbetween, which is something I thought Obsidian did pretty well in NV. Other than that, nothing in particular other than hardcore mode. Absolutely, hardcore mode was my favorite change from F3. Yeah, it can be modded in but if it's actually part of the engine, even better.

• 3 weeks later...

MMMM. What to add.

I would like to see more RP options, but for me this goes beyond having maybe 3 or 4 line choices instead of 2 (yes Ill help you or no, you are a swine!).... I would like to see different ways to complete quests or exploration. Make killing 1/3 of the game and RP 1/3 and puzzles 1/3. That would be epic. I want to get stuck in a vault (I was randomly exploring) and find out that I was secretly contaminated and have to cure myself and then have to proove to the locked down vault/computer I did it and claw my way out digging with a teaspoon.... (ok maybe not exactly that but you get my drift)

I want to be able to reason with people and use speachcraft or whatever to accomplish things just as much as using guns.

I would like the exploration and world expert building of Bethesda and the NPCs / dialogue of Obsidion.

Lastly - and other people have said this - I want to feel more like I am in a desperate struggle to survive in this post apocalyptic world. This means hard-core, but also, let us use more thinsg to create more meaningful survival tools or accomplish missions. This would make skills like survival and repair so more worthwhile and tie the game together better.

Thats it for now I will likely add more later. Use my free advice and ideas Bethesda, I beg of you! Make money off of me! *winks*

Edited by Rastafariel

I want Bethesda to abandon the Fallout IP and give it to Obsidian, unconditionally.

Seeing as that will never happen, I hope they let Obsidian make it.

And seeing as that will never happen, I hope they decide not to make Fallout 4.

'Cause there's no situation in which I can see a Bethesda-made Fallout 4 not having terrible animations, characters that look like they were dropped on their faces, writing that makes me want to crawl in a hole and die and a story that is an affront to the Fallout lore.

But that's just me being a negative Nancy.

A full game would be nice. New Vegas seemed like an over sized DLC. It took about two hours to get from Goodsprings to Freeside and amass a small fortune. Also the map was empty beyond the city area of New Vegas. It would be nice to see a map with medium sized settlements like a Oblivion style county town. Also would be nice to run across a few small farm settlements that have people instead of bodies or junk items. Having a jampacked map with areas worth exploring would be nice. It took a while for me to explore the Fallout 3 map because I kept getting distracted by things to fight or explore.

It would also be nice to have faction money used if it is introduced instead of caps or used along side it. It would be cool to see a dark brotherhood like organization would be cool. It would be fun to be a hit man and get paid more than worthless loot.

A compelling story is also necessary. New Vegas had a horrible story, it felt like a waste trying to play through to get one of the endings. It wasn't worth it to play through the game again to get an ending beside the NCR one.

I would also like to see a game that explores Legion society more. There has to be more to the Legion than just slavery and barbarism. Skyrim showed that people outside of Cyrodiil liked the empire, when the rumors in Oblivion made it seem like the empire was just waiting to fall apart. It would be great to see the Legion in a light that isn't horrible.

I would also like to see a story where the NCR has a competing nation. One led by the Shi would be cool because they would have advanced technology. They also could attract people unlike the NCR. Also, I would just like to shoot some self righteous NCR assholes.

@AxlRocks: It is more likely the game will be built in native 32 bit, but we can keep wishing XD. I definitely agree with you on a unique UI for keyboard and mouse users, more hotkeys etc would be great. And a weapon wheel XD

@Rasta: Totally agree about the Bethesda building/Obsidian writing, however let us not wish for another implementation by Obsidian, truly, the GameByro engine was already on its knees, they just made it suck you know what. I dunno about th whole survival thing though, I struggle pretty bad with mods like NVEC and Monster Wars after level 30 still, so I guess they could probably learn from those mods :).

@Because: That would be the worst idea, handing the whole franchise over to Obsidian. It would be graphically unplayable XD. If Obsidian just wrote the story and the setting and had Bethesda build and implement it, then we'd be talking ;).

@Trob: Couldn't agree more, NV felt really tiny, and FO3 felt kinda huge lol. Really disappointed about that myself. Also, to me the story more felt like a "run and fetch" series of quests, which I think too many quests felt like. I think they gotta better think over their quests for sure, more stuff to do in them, not just run and grab something, kill a bunch of enemies and the day is saved lol.

Keep up the cool suggestions ppl!