ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #76151748. #76159353, #76167778, #76170278 are all replies on the same post.

maria21 wrote: Its already a step forward to use app based totp instead of sending plain text via email and its good to see when sites force people to use a good password, as someone who has a bit knowledge about this stuff its painful to see when people use easy to guess passwords (for example the most used pws are a thing by themselves...). Keepass is free, open source, encrypted and can be used in portable mode, so no installing required. You put a lock on your irl door, now get your lazy backside up and put a good lock on your digital door.

On the other side asking for my real name, phone number and other personal stuff, is ten steps back. If personal info is not required to provide your service to me, its none of your god damn business. The paid thing is meh, but for most mods, that are rather smaller, i personally dont need to purchase anything.
Saggaris wrote: I understand you're highlighting locking important stuff up but the reality is balance, the bad guys want something and they will find a way in, the more value your hoard the more the chances of attacks, asking for personal info and money what's making it worthwhile for those bad guys, if you don't bank on line you will only have cash taken from your pocket... much easier to look after that, if you don't need complex passwords you won't need to write them down or invite a 3rd party to look after them 'NO SERVICE IS FREE'
Any information you give to anyone any site will be sold or stolen, this includes free VPN's and probably in some form paid ones too, any manager looking after your 'anything' will use your information for purposes you did not intend.
Red pill.
deveyus wrote: This is factually incorrect, the source for Keepass is readily available, and you store your own credentials, meaning they never leave your computer unless you actively choose to do so. While I personally am willing to trust the binaries that are available for keepass as-is, you can of course, build it from source yourself, ensuring that your data is not going anywhere, nor is it being used for anything nefarious.
DaisukeNiwaKun wrote: Well one of the best password manager is Norton Password Manager it's a pay program but it also had Firewall and Antivirus so there are only benefits and it cost much lower than lifetime subscription on nexus ^^

Norton doesn't exactly play nicely with others though.

In response to post #76171858. #76220643 is also a reply to the same post.

Oniichan001 wrote: you werent the only place to be compromised i had 47 passwords i had to change because of a third party exploit
austinichols wrote: what may I ask did you use to know that your passwords were breached?

Well it's obvious that you need to change password if there is a chance that someone could decode the hashes.
Better to cold blow than woke up with a hand in the potty. If you know what I mean.

It also means that this guy is ekhem... not smart enough. (No offense Oniichan001, but it means you have 47 accounts with the same password or you had a txt file with all your passwords which is stupid)

I don't want to be rude, but your post could also leads the hacker to compromise you in the first place. You actually admit that you have 47 accounts with the same password which could make it easy to hack other your accounts.

In response to post #76144308. #76144893, #76151838 are all replies on the same post.

UsernameStolenByNexus wrote:

Why didn't you make your new user service at least backwards compatible with all existing usernames?! I had a nice username with space for many years here and now I have this because the variant without space is already taken. Thank you very much Nexus!

Pickysaurus wrote: I'm not sure if you read it, but the change username notice links here to explain why this was required.
https://help.nexusmods.com/article/110-why-do-i-have-to-change-my-username

It's not ideal for those who are attached to their old usernames, but an "anything goes" approach to usernames can cause problems internally with the site. If you like, PM me with your old username, I'll take a look and see if I can find you something similar?
DreadMasterBrontes wrote: well they also forced me to change my password really annoying the guys here on nexus that they always have to change everything and then the problems you have there all the time i just say that the politics here on nexus sucks ps: sorry for the choice of words but unfortunately that's true

What about all the download history, tracked authors, friends and such linked to the old accounts?
There's more to the issue than people just being attached to a name.

In response to post #76171858. #76220643, #76222878 are all replies on the same post.

Oniichan001 wrote: you werent the only place to be compromised i had 47 passwords i had to change because of a third party exploit
austinichols wrote: what may I ask did you use to know that your passwords were breached?
DaisukeNiwaKun wrote: Well it's obvious that you need to change password if there is a chance that someone could decode the hashes.
Better to cold blow than woke up with a hand in the potty. If you know what I mean.

It also means that this guy is ekhem... not smart enough. (No offense Oniichan001, but it means you have 47 accounts with the same password or you had a txt file with all your passwords which is stupid)

I don't want to be rude, but your post could also leads the hacker to compromise you in the first place. You actually admit that you have 47 accounts with the same password which could make it easy to hack other your accounts.

I'm gonna have to agree with DaisukeNiwaKun on this one. Never admit something like that

In response to post #76171858. #76220643, #76222878, #76223958 are all replies on the same post.

DaisukeNiwaKun wrote: Well it's obvious that you need to change password if there is a chance that someone could decode the hashes.

ds120196 wrote: I'm gonna have to agree with DaisukeNiwaKun on this one. Never admit something like that

No, Oniichan meant there are 47 other places which he knows of that got hit because of this exploit.

In response to post #76171858. #76220643, #76222878, #76223958, #76228598 are all replies on the same post.

ds120196 wrote: I'm gonna have to agree with DaisukeNiwaKun on this one. Never admit something like that
Dhristo1 wrote: No, Oniichan meant there are 47 other places which he knows of that got hit because of this exploit.

No, he literally posted that he had 47 of his other passwords compromised.

In response to post #76144308. #76144893, #76151838, #76223728 are all replies on the same post.

UsernameStolenByNexus wrote:

Why didn't you make your new user service at least backwards compatible with all existing usernames?! I had a nice username with space for many years here and now I have this because the variant without space is already taken. Thank you very much Nexus!

Pickysaurus wrote: I'm not sure if you read it, but the change username notice links here to explain why this was required.
https://help.nexusmods.com/article/110-why-do-i-have-to-change-my-username

It's not ideal for those who are attached to their old usernames, but an "anything goes" approach to usernames can cause problems internally with the site. If you like, PM me with your old username, I'll take a look and see if I can find you something similar?
DreadMasterBrontes wrote: well they also forced me to change my password really annoying the guys here on nexus that they always have to change everything and then the problems you have there all the time i just say that the politics here on nexus sucks ps: sorry for the choice of words but unfortunately that's true
JerisEnigma wrote: What about all the download history, tracked authors, friends and such linked to the old accounts?
There's more to the issue than people just being attached to a name.

I don't see how your comment is relevant Jeris? We're just talking about changing usernames.

Everyone might want to take a stroll over to haveibeenpwned.com and toss in an email address or two. Compromised accounts have been going on for years. Many companies aren't even willing to fess up to the breach. I congratulate NexusMods and their staff for being prompt with their forthcoming of this information.

What everyone needs to remember. Make sure every password is unique to the a visited site. Always have AntiVirus, AntiMalware, and firewalls running.. It cannot be called paranoia, because they are out to get you.