Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

Guest deleted34304850

In response to post #75853978. #75922393, #76003143, #76011563, #76033063 are all replies on the same post.

private/public encryption apps have been available for decades ya moron stop talking and do the research

Wow! Well that's curt, possibly unpleasant and nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand. But, thanks for your witless contribution, you moron.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Error in the article:

> but that any encrypted passwords that have

Usually, you don't encrypt passwords, you hash them.

Like:

> to other user data including email addresses, **password hashes** and password salts

Thanks for letting us know though!

Well this certainly might explain the Trojan I had infect my system. Thankfully, I caught it as I constantly run virus scans over and above the general quick scan that it does. I did change my login and password, so hopefully no more lurkers..

Guest deleted34304850

Well this certainly might explain the Trojan I had infect my system. Thankfully, I caught it as I constantly run virus scans over and above the general quick scan that it does. I did change my login and password, so hopefully no more lurkers..

no, there is no correlation to this issue and you having a trojan on your computer whatsoever.

I thought it was Dell's Optimize Your PC scanning program that had missed up my sign in with this site yesterday, I switched internet providers a few weeks ago, and it be normal for the site to be nervous about my new ip address and provider service!..

"and thus cannot ascertain how many - if any - email addresses, password hashes and salts were accessed. " - So you inform users about this almost 2 months later? From what I've read you should inform users immediately!

here's the source: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/personal-data-breaches/

How users can defend themselves if you alert this so late? Some of us buy premium membership what about payment information, credit card numbers?

I know that many people here they do not realize the seriousness of the situation.

12 character password.
Geeze, I wish I knew how to hack. I can't remember this garbage, that's ridiculous. As such this may very well be my last successful login, time will tell.
But I've gotta ask, just why have so much security your users are expected to remember impossible gibberish?
It's not like everyone buys stuff daily...and even if they did... Well, ask Amazon.

Edited by Lynxk88

Guest deleted34304850

"and thus cannot ascertain how many - if any - email addresses, password hashes and salts were accessed. " - So you inform users about this almost 2 months later? From what I've read you should inform users immediately!

here's the source: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/personal-data-breaches/

How users can defend themselves if you alert this so late? Some of us buy premium membership what about payment information, credit card numbers?

I know that many people here they do not realize the seriousness of the situation.

in a post a week or so ago, I asked at what stage of the process that was followed, was the step to tell users executed. The reason I asked that question was because my understanding, based on that link, and other information around data breaches, suggest that the users told as a matter of urgency.

Guest deleted34304850

12 character password.

Geeze, I wish I knew how to hack. I can't remember this garbage, that's ridiculous. As such this may very well be my last successful login, time will tell.

But I've gotta ask, just why have so much security your users are expected to remember impossible gibberish?

It's not like everyone buys stuff daily...and even if they did... Well, ask Amazon.

Hi,

You should look at using a password manager to help you with your passwords. There are several out there. This link will take you to PC Magazine's latest review of password managers, its worth reading. https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/300318/the-best-password-managers