Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #75910143. #75912008, #75914078 are all replies on the same post.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

ios - lol go away with that nonsense.

SnowFox35 wrote: Is "ios" in reference to another user?
SnowFox35 wrote: Thanks for letting me know. Makes sense considering his behavior.

It's a reply to @WakJack87's post.
@1ae0bfb8 doesn't know how to properly quote I guess :) Edited by DarkDominion

In response to post #75913008.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

literally the post above mine. The number of people who come here and plainly can't read is beyond parody.

You know, there's a dedicated "reply" button on the Nexus Mods site and a "quote" button on the Forums itself. It makes it easier to understand what you're saying, especially if someone's reading your message from the opposite website you've written it on.

Also, going out of your way to act like a rude and arrogant troll on the Nexus is optional. Not sure why you decided to act that way, but I just wanted to let you know that's really what you're coming off as. Either grow up and stop trying to put others down for your thirst for attention or face the consequences.

In response to post #75910143. #75912008, #75912538 are all replies on the same post.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

ios - lol go away with that nonsense.

SnowFox35 wrote: Is "ios" in reference to another user?
DarkDominion wrote: It's a reply to @WakJack87's post.
@1ae0bfb8 doesn't know how to properly quote i guess :)

Thanks for letting me know. Makes sense considering his behavior.

Guest deleted34304850

In response to post #75913008.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

literally the post above mine. The number of people who come here and plainly can't read is beyond parody.

You know, there's a dedicated "reply" button on the Nexus Mods site and a "quote" button on the Forums itself. It makes it easier to understand what you're saying, especially if someone's reading your message from the opposite website you've written it on.

Also, going out of your way to act like a rude and arrogant troll on the Nexus is optional. Not sure why you decided to act that way, but I just wanted to let you know that's really what you're coming off as. Either grow up and stop trying to put others down for your thirst for attention or face the consequences.

I'm aware of all this. Did you know you can read posts before and after? Doesn't seem like it to me, so take this as a personal service. You're welcome.

In response to post #75906388.

WakJack87 wrote: YOUR ALL ON THE INTERNET OFC IT ISNT SAFE LOL

Upto Date system ios
Great fire wall - real time anti virus
change passwords often

so whats the big deal?
dont do or have one of them three things its your own fault shouldnt be online then

There is a package called Dsniff which was used for internet and local network security testing which someone ported to Windows for inscrutable reasons. Anyway, someone about 7 hops away from you and 7 hops away from your server can use it to close your connection then reopen it using your credentials which went over the net. Thereafter the man in the middle acts as server to you and client to your server. If you have a good encryption protocol like SHA-1, or better well, they need considerable computing facilities to decrypt. But it is possible and it exploits the 3-way handshake of the TCP/IP protocol itself.

So you are technically correct that the internet isn't safe; however, the resources needed to actually crack your communication is far more expensive than it is worth unless you represent a major government and are conducting intelligence operations. The updated user security should be adequate.

In response to post #75838293. #75839753 is also a reply to the same post.

bjornvaldr wrote: You don't think alerting us the moment this sort of thing happens and instead waiting an entire month to tell us is a bad idea?
RockenJenAnn wrote: I'm sure they wanted to gather as much information as possible so they could dispath the information properly, not to mention, it costed the Nexus time and money to notify everyone, no matter who.

So RockenJenAnn, if you ever have a family bereavement and the police come to tell you about it... seven weeks after the old man's stroke and later death you'll be ok with it will you?

"well Ms RocketJenAnn, several weeks ago a close relative of yours had an accident, He suffered a stroke and the fell down the stairs and was admitted to Hospital with a suspected fractured skull and a bruised arm within the hour, during his stay he contracted pneumonia and died three weeks later from complications... we thought we'd wait until we had all the details before contacting you so we could be sure that he was dead!"

Gooday maaaaaaaaam!

Yeah, I don't think it's quite that serious. You don't think you're being a little overdramatic? Let's calm down and have a sip of tea now, shall we?