Vortex download

sirhedley

Why does Vortex keep stealing the download function from MO2? I switched to MO2 because Vortex stopped working for me and does nothing but cause me massive problems. I have even signed out and Nexus/Vortex keeps insisting that Vortex is my mod manager of choice. WTH?

Why does Vortex keep stealing the download function from MO2? I switched to MO2 because Vortex stopped working for me and does nothing but cause me massive problems. I have even signed out and Nexus/Vortex keeps insisting that Vortex is my mod manager of choice. WTH?

The problem isn't Vortex, the problem is you didn't bother to change the settings in MO2 to make it the default Nexus Downloader.

That's on you, not Vortex

It works THE SAME WAY as when you use a different browser to download something, you'll be asked if you want to make it your default browser.

You can just go into SETTINGS in either program and set it as the DEFAULT program to handle Downloads from the Nexus.

People accuse Vortex of some strange things, next it will be Vortex opening a Swiss Bank account and skimming money

To be fair, Vortex does indeed act a bit differently than MO does.

If you want MO2 to handle the links but still use Vortex occasionally, you have to change the Vortex settings to tell it to *not* manage the links (Settings -> Downloads).

Then go to MO2 and enable the link handling feature there.

As long as the feature is enabled in Vortex, every time you start it it will indeed associate with the links again, overriding other applications.

Guest deleted34304850

To be fair, Vortex does indeed act a bit differently than MO does.

If you want MO2 to handle the links but still use Vortex occasionally, you have to change the Vortex settings to tell it to *not* manage the links (Settings -> Downloads).

Then go to MO2 and enable the link handling feature there.

As long as the feature is enabled in Vortex, every time you start it it will indeed associate with the links again, overriding other applications.

isn't this how skynet started?