Forums back up

Dark0ne

After 2 days and no sleep (Axel has been up since the early hours of Thursday morning), we’re back to fully operational. With a heavy heart I also have to report that we couldn’t get our clustering setup to work properly. While the past 2 days of limited service haven’t been for nothing as we’ve learnt that we can’t do it without professional help it does mean that we’re still running on the old setup which is disheartening to say the least.

Things should be back up and operational again (as though nothing has changed), and while I’m sorry for the downtime and inconvenience caused I’m sure you can understand our wish to try and attempt doing this on our own rather than forking out the thousands of pounds that will now be necessary to get this looked into by a professional database consultant on our behalf.

We tried and we failed so now we have to move on and hope that we can rely on some certified engineers to do the work for us.

Thanks, as always, for your patience during this time.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #8161538. #8161556 is also a reply to the same post.

When things dont work its always frustrating, but remember you still have easily the best most awesome website around! Keep up the great work will be donating soon with or without the new system.

By now most people are used to the dial-up feeling the nexus sites are known for. Reminds me of the 90s every time i come here and a page takes 15 seconds to load after a link failed 5 times.

It's retro. I have that feeling when I get in my 1991 Honda Accord too. It's all good.

Edited by Guest

I am sure there are a few Professional Data Base people that visit Nexus quite often, They might not know there is a problem with the Data Base though.

I know a couple (one is my Brother) I will see if they can offer any help for free :biggrin: