New PC

kulane64

I finally had to give up on old rig with win7 and got a new pc

My question is - Do I give up on NMM and switch to MO2 or vortex?

Will I have no friggin clue how to use them if I do or is it as easy as NMM was?

1. TY
Edited by kulane64

Hello. i use the nexus mod manager community edition and is stable. That's all. Thanks (try not to use f4se because your game is going to crash many times and your saves start not to load).

I use nexus mod manager too, as it was the only one I knew about when I got the game. I've never had a problem with it and would never try to learn a new one unless this stopped working.

But I do use F4SE, so many mods need it! How can you manage without a third of the mods?

Vortex makes it damn hard to manually adjust your load order, using a complicated set of rules and mod groups. I wish I'd gone with something that allows more, easier user controls, but when I started I didn't know about the alternatives.

Long story short, if you use NMM and have no problems stick with it. Vortex has a somewhat steep learning curve and can seriously frustrate you with its "I know better than you" setup. It's the Windows 10 of mod managers.

Edited by aurreth

it takes almost 5 years for me to decide to use only 211 mods -more than 75% is for build things- and to decide to add a new mod, this mod must be 150% good, really stable and give something really really new. i don't know, when or if new fallout 4 mods, like Cascadia or other big projects come out, but i waiting. Yes i don't trust F4SE or the new Sim Settlements 2 for many and many reasons. Now i playing the final game and continue to build settlements - i am at level 71 i think, i build maybe 15 settlements vanilla and mods and trying not to get killed. i have a 5700 mods/armor and all the needed perks to stop every kind of damage from weapons. The gun i use is Spray n' pray and the big fat man, buying from Cricket and a trader at Diamond City.

i try so many mods all those years, so now i know what i like and what i get if i using some mods.

That's all. Thanks.

Personally, I'd recommend Mod Organizer 2.

There isn't much of a learning curve TBH, and the improvements over the last year make the UI even easier to deal with.

ex. The collapsible Mod Categories are a godsend once you start dealing with 100 or more mods.

It doesn't touch you game installation folder - so it remains pristine.

Only things you need to put there are in the root game folder; i.e. F4SE, ENB Binaries, etc.

Moreover, you can use the Archive Parsing feature to see conflicts between loose mods and archives, or other archives to understand exactly what wants to overwrite what.