Looking for 2 Mods

Deleted5042918User

Coming back to Fallout 4 and I'm trying to find 2 mods.

I remember there being a mod that removes places from your compass and map making them only show up once you discover them and/or get close to them.

The second mod:Someone was working on a mod that added destroyed barricades,APCs,skeletons e.t.c to show the destruction from the war.Basically trying to show the aftermath of the war and adding to the environment.

Probably not a lot of info to go on.I tried searching the nexus and using google but haven't found what I'm looking for.Thanks to any who are able to offer suggestions of what I'm looking for.

For the first one, that sounds a lot like standard behavior of the game, right out of the box. You got nothin' on the map when you first come out of the vault, ('cept maybe sanctuary) and you have to get pretty darn close to a location before it becomes a permanent marker on your map.

No idea on the second one.

Second one doesn't make a lot of sense. There was no ground war in Massachusetts. There was a nuclear strike nearby, in the Glowing Sea. The remaining bits and pieces of military equipment you see are National Guard, which is why they are clustered around either control points or railways (for long distance transportation to the front.)

Fort Hagen is actually Fort Natick, which contains no combat units. It's an R&D facility, the place where they came up with the MRE. It could serve as an explanation for the overabundance of combat armor and power armor in the Commonwealth, because that is the kind of thing they develop there.

Fort Strong was a coastal defense artillery base (to shoot at attacking enemy ships, they were never used), but was decommissioned a long time ago. Since then it's been a children's summer camp and a homeless shelter. Eventually it got so run down that they destroyed the bridge to it to keep people out of it for safety reasons.

To Hey You.I might be mistaken on what the mod did in regards to locations on your compass and map.Maybe it reduced the "detection" of nearby areas?Right out of the vault Red Rocket,Sanctuary and a cabin are immediately on your compass.Was looking for a mod that didn't show areas untill you were actually closer to them.Again may not be explaining myself well.

If there isn't anything thing like that then I'll just play as normal.Thanks for replying.

Ok, so, what you are looking for is something that reduces the distance your compass shows points of interest? That should be a simple game setting......

Looks like for 'survival' mode, its fSurvivalCompassLocationMaxDist = 20000

which is pretty close. I would expect that for the other game difficulty levels it's pretty much the same thing, just substitute Survival, for whatever diff level you play on, and tweak the numbers as you please.