Premium cost

ChickenAlfredo

One can only wander why Nexus is in such a rush to push and force this all through all at once, I'm sure they have a nice answer for everything though, its all been in the making for the last 2 years...

Regardless, I'm not going to spend anything on Nexus, I already paid them enough with some of my mods while getting nothing in return aside from them trying to claim the files as theirs for infinity, very nice.

Money. See, that wasn't hard. :smile:

No idea what margins they are operating on here, but, running this place, with 18 employees, is NOT inexpensive. So, they need to make sure collections will 'always work', to motivate people to buy premium. They change the pricing, so it makes them more money. Expect collections to roll out in the not very distant future. That is what this is all in preparation for.

Which is pointless anyway when half of the most prominent mod authors have left the site and taken their mods with them.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can only wander why Nexus is in such a rush to push and force this all through all at once, I'm sure they have a nice answer for everything though, its all been in the making for the last 2 years...

Regardless, I'm not going to spend anything on Nexus, I already paid them enough with some of my mods while getting nothing in return aside from them trying to claim the files as theirs for infinity, very nice.

No idea what margins they are operating on here, but, running this place, with 18 employees, is NOT inexpensive. So, they need to make sure collections will 'always work', to motivate people to buy premium. They change the pricing, so it makes them more money. Expect collections to roll out in the not very distant future. That is what this is all in preparation for.

Maybe they're rushing it because they're afraid Modders will bail because of the collections thing , and once NM has that lifetime membership cash they'll be able to cash out and run , and just a reminder .. there are no free users, google built itself via ad revenue and every ad i see i consider a payment .

Or just use adblock.

Which is pointless anyway when half of the most prominent mod authors have left the site and taken their mods with them.

Which still leaves half. Or more. Several of the major authors are still here. Nexus knew they were going to lose some, and some would stay. It was a gamble, and it appears to be paying off.

Which still leaves half. Or more. Several of the major authors are still here. Nexus knew they were going to lose some, and some would stay. It was a gamble, and it appears to be paying off.

Lol I'll definitely agree to disagree with you on it paying off

I've used Nexus for years and I currently actively use it a lot. It's worked very well as a central modding location, plus Vortex is super handy for managing my mods across multiple games. For me, for my purposes here, I'm happy with Nexus and I'm happy to support them. I've been considering a lifetime Premium membership for a while, just to basically pay back how much I've used this site, and today's announcement cinched it for me and I just purchased it.

The fact is, hosting a web service is not cheap. It's incredible that Nexus spent this long without increasing prices, and even more incredible that they're generous enough to provide a window of opportunity for anyone who was considering the lifetime membership to still grab it.

Of all the battles to fight Nexus on--including the right to delete--this price adjustment is not a battle worth fighting.

I've used Nexus for years and I currently actively use it a lot. It's worked very well as a central modding location, plus Vortex is super handy for managing my mods across multiple games. For me, for my purposes here, I'm happy with Nexus and I'm happy to support them. I've been considering a lifetime Premium membership for a while, just to basically pay back how much I've used this site, and today's announcement cinched it for me and I just purchased it.

The fact is, hosting a web service is not cheap. It's incredible that Nexus spent this long without increasing prices, and even more incredible that they're generous enough to provide a window of opportunity for anyone who was considering the lifetime membership to still grab it.

Of all the battles to fight Nexus on--including the right to delete--this price adjustment is not a battle worth fighting.

I'm not fighting a battle, this thread was created because I was curious about the specific price changes. I didn't expect it to be that much of an increase, so I reacted.

At least you admit there are a lot of battles to fight Nexus on.

Edited by ChickenAlfredo

Half? Define prominent.

Sorry. I know some have left. But it is nowhere near half. Hyperbole will get you nowhere in making your case.

Half? Define prominent.

Sorry. I know some have left. But it is nowhere near half. Hyperbole will get you nowhere in making your case.

Fair enough, I suppose it depends on what you'd define as a prominent mod author.

*In my opinion half of the most prominent mod authors have left the site and taken their mods with them.

Edited by ChickenAlfredo

Price of a new Chevy Cruise in 2013: 18,000 us dollars

Price of a new Chevy Cruise in 2021: 23,700 us dollars

Prices go up over time. Nexus hasn't changed prices since the system started. And the increase is actually in line with consumer price increases. The big shock is because it happened all at once, instead of little by little over the intervening 8 years.

70 yearly instead of 60 for a lifetime is a steeper increase than those inflation stats. If I payed 60 dollars now and I used this site for the next 5 years, that's quite a bit less than a new member coming and paying 70 a year for the next 5 years. $350 every 5 years instead of $60 for a lifetime.

i agree, at least i was not talking about the need of a price change - which i understand - but the cut of the lifetime option.