I want to start a new game

LokilokiTwo

OK, I give up!!!!

I got to level 28 and then started getting CTDs and couldn't find the problem. I had 20 mods from Steam and 140 mods via NMM and somewhere the whole thing came unraveled. I am willing to start all over but I am unsure how to do so. I have unsubscribed from STEAM but am unsure how to get out from under NMM. Do I just place each mod into an unload status and then launch Skyrim on Steam to start over. Hints and help would be appreciated.

LokiLokiTwo

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again I did this recently and started over and it helped my game quite a bit. Also, you may want to uninstall all active mods with NMM just so it doesn't have any issues when you try to reinstall them. (Shut down NMM and restart after you got a vanilla game up and running).

Occasionally, certain scripts and aspects of mods will be directly linked to the save game and progression of the character or quest advancements, so the CTD may progressively get worse as you progress within the game.

~SD

Occasionally, certain scripts and aspects of mods will be directly linked to the save game and progression of the character or quest advancements, so the CTD may progressively get worse as you progress within the game.

~SD

Is there anything I can do? Use a program to clean scripts?

Would going back to an earlier save help?

Not really, just do some shallow play thrughs to see which mod is doing it by turning on logging and removing the mods that are responsible.

External CTDs are about 70 percent more often than internal, don't worry too much, with any number of mod, it is almost ipossible to be 100 percent CTD free.