Suggestion about issuing warninfs

KamariBVB

Isn't having more than one account a ban for BOTH accounts?

Depends on why.

Some people forget they already had an account. We'd ask them to pick one to keep.

Some have problems with their account, and create a second to see if it's persistent. Not ideal as we'd rather they contact support about the matter directly, but we'd only close one in this situation too, which account might depend on whether the problem they had can be fixed.

Course anyone using two or more concurrently for hostile/obnoxious reasons like trying to troll, spam, endorsement abuse or to bypass any restrictions placed on their "main" account (author blocks, formal warning restrictions) would have both accounts banned.

Isn't having more than one account a ban for BOTH accounts?

Depends on why.

Some people forget they already had an account. We'd ask them to pick one to keep.

Some have problems with their account, and create a second to see if it's persistent. Not ideal as we'd rather they contact support about the matter directly, but we'd only close one in this situation too, which account might depend on whether the problem they had can be fixed.

Course anyone using two or more concurrently for hostile/obnoxious reasons like trying to troll, spam, endorsement abuse or to bypass any restrictions placed on their "main" account (author blocks, formal warning restrictions) would have both accounts banned.

Thanks for the answer

Okay, thanks for answering this comment so promptly.

I have another question though: would you or one of the other employees at NexusMods mind checking the functionality of this feature? An acquaintance of mine has told me that he was banned despite not getting any warnings at all. I suspect he is not the only one, and it probably is only adding fuel to the fire that is this backlash concerning the collections situation.

<snip>

Â

There are a number of offenses that might result in an insta-ban. Admitting to, advocating for, or otherwise promoting piracy is one. But it is only one. There are others. And every ban cites the reason. And there is an appeal process, if the banned member cares to avail her/himself of it.

You have got to be kidding me about the piracy comment. Seriously? Please tell me you were being sarcastic

Also, I did check the thread. There were no warnings, and my friend said he got no warning privately either. Nor was he guilty of piracy. Actually, he was banned for interacting with someone who he felt was committing piracy against him

I have another question though: would you or one of the other employees at NexusMods mind checking the functionality of this feature? An acquaintance of mine has told me that he was banned despite not getting any warnings at all. I suspect he is not the only one, and it probably is only adding fuel to the fire that is this backlash concerning the collections situation.

<snip>

Â

There are a number of offenses that might result in an insta-ban. Admitting to, advocating for, or otherwise promoting piracy is one. But it is only one. There are others. And every ban cites the reason. And there is an appeal process, if the banned member cares to avail her/himself of it.

You have got to be kidding me about the piracy comment. Seriously? Please tell me you were being sarcastic

Also, I did check the thread. There were no warnings, and my friend said he got no warning privately either. Nor was he guilty of piracy. Actually, he was banned for interacting with someone who he felt was committing piracy against him

Why doesn't your friend just appeal? If comments they made were taken out of context, that would be easy enough to verify.

Also, I am in agreement with very strict piracy bans.

Â

Â

<snip>

ÃÂ

There are a number of offenses that might result in an insta-ban.ÃÂ Admitting to, advocating for, or otherwise promoting piracy is one.ÃÂ But it is only one.ÃÂ There are others.ÃÂ And every ban cites the reason.ÃÂ And there is an appeal process, if the banned member cares to avail her/himself of it.

Â

Why doesn't your friend just appeal? If comments they made were taken out of context, that would be easy enough to verify.Â

Â

Also, I am in agreement with very strict piracy bans.

I am, as well. But donât you see the irony in that policy? Feel free to PM for further clarification.

<snip>

Â

Direct your friend here: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/33-what-can-i-do-if-my-account-has-been-banned