I/O Error

Slamchowder

Honestly, I wouldn't trust the error enough to throw out the disk myself but if your last backup was a while ago, this may still be a good opportunity to update it.

As I said earlier, the most likely reason, apart from hardware or filesystem error, would be an interfering software, are you using filesystem encryption or compression? Are you using Microsofts OneDrive? E.g. the error message could be coming from Vortex trying to update or read your game ini files and _that_ fails because the ini files are on onedrive and onedrive is the worst.

Also Anti-Virus tends to be very intrusive, maybe what happens is: Vortex creates/copies a file, AV locks it to scan it, Vortex is then not allowed to read the file to verify the write was successful. This isn't usually a problem because we retry file accesses with a bit of delay for this exact reason but maybe your AV is particularly slow or stupid? Or both?

Really hard to tell as Vortex is given so little information.

Not using filesystem encryption or compression, nor using Onedrive and I don't use an anti-virus program other than what Windows Defender does. After leaving Vortex open for an extended period of the time I returned and closed multiple of the same error reports and continued to use vortex to apply mods and the error message never showed up again. Restarting the program causes the error message to repeat several times and then stop showing up again. Not sure if that means anything or is helpful in anyway but figured I'd include whatever info I have. This also means I can use the program normally without interruption after it is left running for an amount of time.

Not using filesystem encryption or compression, nor using Onedrive and I don't use an anti-virus program other than what Windows Defender does. After leaving Vortex open for an extended period of the time I returned and closed multiple of the same error reports and continued to use vortex to apply mods and the error message never showed up again. Restarting the program causes the error message to repeat several times and then stop showing up again. Not sure if that means anything or is helpful in anyway but figured I'd include whatever info I have. This also means I can use the program normally without interruption after it is left running for an amount of time.

Make sure "Controlled Folder Access" is turned OFF in Windows Defender