Anniversary Edition Skyrim: prospects for Fallout 4?

mkr1977

I think there was some other CC content included as well...... but, no idea just what it is.

It will give everyone the chance to buy the upgrade and receive the fabled horse armor.

:teehee:

I don't think Beth is EVER going to live that one down. :D

I'm hoping Fallout gets similar treatment, honestly. Mod problems aside, I've been increasingly interested but holding off spending any money on CC solely because I tend to agree with that lawsuit - Bethesda-developed content shouldn't pretend to be mods so they can bypass Season Pass promises. That said, if they release an affordable upgrade that include all CC I'll probably grab it.

MattyPlays talked about this in a video today and suggested they'll use a similar release as filler after Starfield:

I've been increasingly interested but holding off spending any money on CC solely because I tend to agree with that lawsuit - Bethesda-developed content shouldn't pretend to be mods so they can bypass Season Pass promises.

Absolutely. I was like you. Lots of people were complaining about CC but at the time I was like "well, you should have bought the season pass". Imagine my surprise when CC content was not made available to season pass holders. Bethsesda could have easily used the verbiage "you get all 6 DLC with the season pass" instead of this -

“We’ve always done a lot of DLC for our games. We love making them, and you always ask us for more,” Bethesda said in a post, according to the lawsuit. “To reward our most loyal fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do for just $30. Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year. Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40, and if we do more, you’ll get it all with the Season Pass.”

Here is the verbiage that Bethesda uses for its season pass now.

We’ve always done a lot of add-on content for our games. We love making them and you always ask us for more. To reward our fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout add-ons – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor, Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop, and Nuka-World – $70 worth of content all for one great price.

Even Bethesda sees the problem with the promise that they made previously. It is natural to connect this promise with the content from CC.

CC wasn't even a concept when the Season Pass was first offered. How could they adjust the phrasing to account for something that didn't exist?

Creation Club is DLC. Besthesda promised "all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do". File that under Besthesda's problem, not mine.

There is little to nothing Bethesda can do to breath new life into Fallout 4 - it's too recent and too bug filled.

Skyrim on the other hand started as 32 bit, was upgraded to 64 bit an any new offering is a "teaser" for what to expect for "ES VI" - which is still years away.

Fallout 4 is in that black hole you don't escape from. All uyou can hope for is modder offer up enough to create a totally different experience from the original. Any new installment in the Fallout franchise after the debacle of Fallout 76 is literally "Light Years" away.

Edited by fraquar

CC wasn't even a concept when the Season Pass was first offered. How could they adjust the phrasing to account for something that didn't exist?

I just see it as their fault for the marketing they used. You have to be careful with the language you use and promises you make - something I know from working in the field. If CC was just Bethesda-approved and supported community mods I'd be 100% behind it and happy to pay because the third-party creators get a cut and we get supported content. It's that Bethesda released their own in-house content under the DLC-moniker of "Creation Club" to bypass a misstep in marketing that bugs me. The horse armor company shouldn't need that much foresight to be more specific. Heck, even the word "expansions" instead of DLC would have satisfied me. They could have eaten the mistake and said "Hey, everyone that purchased the Season Pass before we changed this language gets the in-house content free," but they just reject that their marketing was misleading. The lawsuit is good for consumers, imo.

But I didn't intend to rehash the debate, just mentioned it as a reason they might go for the Anniversary Edition for FO4 - getting value out of something that was largely overlooked or boycotted.

To add value to the original topic, I think this is why Bethesda is hiring Fallout 4 modders. If an AE is released after Starfield like MrMattyPlays predicted this is the right time to bring people on and start developing the extra content.