Black loading screens take so long to load

XFloW01

This is true!

But, it is also (for some idiotic reason) connected to the frame rate. So, disabling the frame rate lock when a load screen starts can significantly reduce your load time.

Combine that with a fast disk, CPU etc and your load times can be dropped down to tolerable.

I rarely have load times above 30 sec (apart from starting the game), but I always manually disable the FR lock during load screens.

-DK

This. Why beth used that particular mechanic is beyond me.

I use Load Accelerator. It unlocks framerate in loading screens. Exterior to interior are darn quick, (especially with the new video card....) Interior to exterior still take longer... especially in downtown boston.

The issue, more than likely, is game. It is not hardware. You can unlock framerate, somewhat, in game. Turn off vsync, at the least, in the settings. May help with loading in. As I said, though, transitioning from indoor to outdoor, or even vice versa, can take longer as the game is loading new cells. And that can take some time. It is, as posted, locked to framerate. However, you can speed it up several ways. Vsync, frame rate fixes, etc.

One thing I do, and this doesn't affect my game play. Also, this is due to some hardware limites I have, I have my game, mod manager, etc. installed on one drive. My downloads are on another drive. I know it doesn't matter a ton, but less on your game drive, somewhat, the better.

• 1 year later...

ssd drives behave similarly to their JUMP drive or USB drive ancestors...
as long as you stay well below at least HALF of the drive capacity you will expect optimum performances..
but just LIKE shitty USB drives... the more you encroach upon the 2nd 3rd, or 2nd half of the drive's Capacity your performance will deteriorate exponentially