Windows 11 compatibility

FGPack
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Hello everyone. As most of you (if not everyone) should know yesterday was Windows 11 rollout start. Now as many people, i will of course wait before upgrading from Windows 10 as many features are missing, but i would like to know if Vortex and mods would work with Windows 11 or there is some sort of compatibility check to be made from modders. Sorry if it's too early to ask or something like that but i'm absolutely not a modder and don't know anything about this world, i only would like to ask and if there is anyone who could answer. Just to know if when i will find Windows 11 good enough for me to install it, i would be able to enjoy my games with modding. Last thing: i have a fresh new system so i don't have my games modded yet, so i'm waiting to upgrade to Win11 and then start modding, no "transporting" mods from Win10. Thanks for your time and have a nice day

Guest deleted34304850

well, if you're waiting before upgrading then the question is moot, surely?

however, i am almost certain there will be no compatibility issues with windows 11, and if there were, then most likely there'll be something like a windows 10 compatibility setting, as we've seen in previous releases of windows.

Guest deleted34304850

i'm waiting for the reddit post that says the rounded windows disabled all mods, formatted the hard disk and wiped all the games.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tested Vortex on Windows 11 personally (I'm a Microsoft Insider so I got it early). I can confirm it works fine. The only difference is that the corners of the app are now rounded instead of square, but that's just cosmetic.

NOOOO! Not rounded edges! The horror!

Guest deleted34304850

there are some serious performance issues currently across various cpus. i wouldn't touch win11 for a while yet - mind you - none of my systems are win11 compatible and i'm blowed if i'll be replacing them all soon.

there are some serious performance issues currently across various cpus. i wouldn't touch win11 for a while yet - mind you - none of my systems are win11 compatible and i'm blowed if i'll be replacing them all soon.

Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0, or some such. For most folks that are UEFI boot capable, fixing that is just a firmware flash away. I'm with you though. I don't have any desire to upgrade. If that's what you want to call it..... and I think my machine already is compatible...... I just hope MS doesn't try and stuff it down our throats like they did to Win7 going to win 10. That was farkin' annoying.