I was playing along happily until the middle of yesterday then the game crashes on load. Typical, right? I Look over the latest mods installed, Missives mod patches. I see Steam's testing my video settings and groan. I write the mods off and start a new game. Build up my character and MCM rules then pick the new start and... crash. Crash crash crash (and I did, in fact, re-run FNIS and Bodyslide batch install, installers and batch rebuild in Wrye Bash too.) So I read about the save of a steam start then loading that (Not that I save onto older saves often and this is, again, a new start) and try... and the launcher reset my video settings again.

Steam's scalding me.

Bathysphere's drowning me.

Cash Cow wants my money!!!

It's really a likely predecessor for all of us suffering as the latest re-release of Skyrim inflicts itself on us.

You have now been warned. (I can just smell the Reforged from here...)

Looks like you need to OPT OUT of the current Beta testing you've configured your account settings to. It's a massive 200MB+ patch and if you've got this enabled, then you can't complain about the downsides of being their lab rat.

Disable this and you should be ok. Consider checking your graphics drivers to ensure they're updated as well.

Might also want to consider disabling all such beta tests in future. Otherwise, get the beer and popcorn ready to enjoy the self flagellating crying game.

I'm not in beta testing for Skyrim! I am updating the NVidia Geforce Experience drivers, though.

...I'm going back to Oldrim. No, seriously.

It's old. It's creaky, It's not nearly as capable...

And it's not being continually nerfed by Bathysphere in re-releases. Have fun with your ReForging.

You mean the one thing. For the small number of users. While fixing things for the larger number of users.

Requiring DLL type mods to be updated in order to make achievements and such work on the new Xbox is a necessary consequence, not a conspiracy.