Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

Where are you people getting that "bInvalidateOlderFiles=0" line from in the first place?

If you really want to help people someone really needs to track down the source of that line because it doesn't come with the game itself. Some mod, tool, or tweak guide has to be responsible.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check other areas on the Skyrim file. The documents folder was not the only place where Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini might be located, at least not for me. Do a computer-wide search for "Skyrim.ini," and if any other copies are lingering, delete them. I was probably just about as frustrated as you about the stupid error, but now it's gone.

• 3 weeks later...

What I posted in another thread on the same subject:

I noticed that this error can also be triggered if your SKSE scripts have been partially overwritten. This can happen, if Steam restores the original scripts for whatever reason and you don't re-install SKSE after that. What happens in this case:

; Passes, because SKSE.pex is a unique SKSE script, so it won't get overwritten. The runtime is also still there, so the function is bound.
if (SKSE.GetVersionRelease() < MinSKSERelease)

; Passes, for same reason as last one
if (SKSE.GetScriptVersionRelease() < MinSKSERelease)

; Utility.GetINIInt is no longer in Utility.pex, because it has been overwritten. Calls to missing functions are evaluated to 0, which gets mistaken for the function actually returning a <= 0 value.
if (Utility.GetINIInt("iMinMemoryPageSize:Papyrus") <= 0 || Utility.GetINIInt("iMaxMemoryPageSize:Papyrus") <= 0 || Utility.GetINIInt("iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes:Papyrus") <= 0)
If that's the case, most of the required SKSE functions will be missing from the scripts as well. Result: Broken MCM, broken fav menu, no settings saved, 5 second delay before opening inventory menus, etc. Sounds a bit what you described. In general, this scenario is just not accounted for.

Yap number 3 it was...

Btw how do i delete the other post?

• 3 months later...

So I really really need some help! Any help would be appreciated.

I'm recently getting this Papyrus ini Error 4 everytime I start my game, now. I seriously have no idea what the heck is going on!!! :sad:

I currently use Windows 8, and I have never went into my scripts and modified anything. I'm not good at modding and simply just used Nexus Mod Manager. I've read other forms and tried all the solutions but none have worked for me. Such as deleting my Skyrim.ini folder which did nothing and the error still showed up. I have deleted Skyrim and redownloaded it, still nothing. I tried copying and pasting a factory example of the Papyrus script into my Skyrim.ini and still nothing. I have deleted Sky UI and redownloaded it. I even redownloaded SKSE from the 7zip file and did all the instructions from a video and I get still get the stupid message. Nothing is working for me! It's becoming a massive headache. The error message is scary and I know it could potentially mess up my entire game if I just ignore it. Some help would be really appreciated by anyone and it would mean, a lot. Skyrim is my favorite game, I used to love coming home after work and playing it. Now it's slowly becoming this nightmare where I spend more time fixing it than playing it. I've avoided posting a forum but I have literally no other choice. Someone please help me.

Here are my Skyrim.ini scripts

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

bAllowScreenshot=1

[Audio]

fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0

fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0

fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0

fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]

SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

Another question is, in my Skyrim folder I have a "Skyrim" script and a "SkyrimPrefs" scripts. Which one has the information I need?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, so i stumbled upon this thread because low and behold i have been having the save SkyUI error code 4 that many people are having. I use mod organizer and i know where the ini's are located. my issue seems to be that skyrim is ignoring my ini settings.

ive tried deleting the papyrus section, editing it to make it the default, and ive tried making both the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini read only.

if i set "binvalidateolderfiles=" to 1, it will just reset itself to 0. if i launch Skyrim, and using the console, type getinisetting "imaxmemorypagesize:papyrus"

it will show up as 128 even though the ini setting is 512. when i type getinisetting "imaxallocatedmemorybytes:papyrus" it shows 0, ini setting is 76800.

the weird thing is i can use the console command setinisetting to set them both to the proper numbers, but the moment i exit the game and restart,

they both have reverted back to 128 and 0, respectively, forcing me to have to set that setting manually through the console every time. any help would be appreciated! thanks

As another note, i was just updating my realvision enb settings in the skyrim.ini for grass, and im noticing that skyrim seems to be completely ignoring the ini settings in mod organizer because nothing changed.