Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

Btw, please use spoilers everyone. The whole page could be 150% shorter.

Here's the guide, if you don't know how:

AwfulArchdemon's Guide to Spoilers

Spoilers

Method 1 a) There is a 'Special BBCode' at the top of your reply menu. It's the green and white, square icon, third from the left. Click it, and scroll to 'Spoiler'. Click that, and type your message there. Click 'OK" to add the message as a spoiler.

Method 1 b) You can also type a message, highlight it, and click the Special BBCode, go to 'spoiler', and the whole message should appear in the box already because you highlighted it first. Click OK.

NOTE - I've seen that fail, and leave the original message where it was, along with a "copy" of the message, placed in the spoiler. It's not guaranteed to do it that way, but it is possible.

Method 2) Type [ spoiler ] at the beginning of your message-to-be-hidden. After you type your message, type [ /spoiler ], and your message will be placed in a spoiler.

NOTE - do not place a 'space' between the '[' and ']' keys, and the word spoiler. I only typed it that way for you so the message didn't end up in an actual spoiler.

Quotes

Quotes work exactly the same way.

Method 1 a) Type the message to be quoted, and highlight it. Then, click the 'quote' icon at the top of the reply menu. It's right in the middle, in the second row down, right under [My Media], and it's shaped like a comic book speech bubble with quotation marks in it.

NOTE - the Special BBCode method won't work, as there is no "Quote" in the list.

Method 1 b) Click the 'Quote' icon, and simply type your quoted message.

Method 2) Type [ quote ] before the message, and [ /quote ] after it, without the spaces between the [ and ], and the word "quote".

Edited by AwfulArchdemon

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

cant thank you enough ^^

OMG, so much bad information in this thread about papyrus settings. As a gesture of good will towards your fellow gamers, anyone who mentioned tweaks to their papyrus settings in this thread needs to edit those comments out so some poor reader doesn't stumble upon them and think they're valid. Please.

This is the extent that your papyrus should ever be adjusted:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000.0 <------ Extends loading time to give you more time to process (1000 is plenty)
iMinMemoryPageSize=128 <------ if you use SKSE 1.7.1+ please don't change these. Ever. I mean it.
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512 <------ if you use SKSE 1.7.1+ please don't change these. Ever. I mean it.
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800 <------ NEVER increase this #. Vast majority of people don't understand this variable.
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0
Edited by SkyrimCliff

• 3 weeks later...

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

Yep. Numba 3 for me too. Because I supose it alow you to use files that are not up to date with Skyrim.

And just to let everyone know my instal order:

1. Skyrim (ofc duh! silly me :D)

2. SKSE (not with instaler. Copy the files outside of the folders to Skyrim and use the Nexus Mod Manager to instal the data folder. Make sure the data folder is .rar-ed and renamed to SKSEscripts.)

3. Fores New Idles Skyrim + FNS for Spells

4. SkyUi.

Thanks everyone for help. I am not so usefull, Hopefully I find somthing worth mentioning.

I hope that helped someone. I will be back with more questions on mods. Not here, but elsewhere on this forum.

Cheers.

Edited by krchmar

• 2 weeks later...

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/SkyUI-Errors#ERR_INI_PAPYRUS

I am simply providing a link so others can benefit, this is not my work!

SOLVED- by the developer of this mod, he is awesome, just click the link and scroll down to error 4 AND DO what it says"

Open My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Skyrim.ini with a text editor and reset the following values to their respective defaults

[Papyrus]
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

"

AND DO

"

Note 2: If you're getting this error even though SKSE is installed correctly, verify the following INI setting:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

"

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/SkyUI-Errors#ERR_INI_PAPYRUS

This not only fixed the error but also made my game load and run faster, its awesome! thankyou dev!

• 2 weeks later...

I've officially tried everything. I even reinstalled MO, because of the .ini file in my profiles. Got rid of the old MO, and started with a brand new one. Started it with SkyUI as my only active mod. Totally default skyrim.ini in every way. Same error.

Maybe SkyUI needs an update (badly). I mean, if it can't even recognise the default ini, with no mods, then it has to be a SkyUI problem. Skyrim stays turned off until SkyUI's next update, I guess. :down: I'm gonna be playing a lot of Sims 3... :sad: The launcher doesn't even work for Sims 3. :verymad: Problem after problem!I

I FOUND THE ISSUE?!

enter in tour skyprefs.ini at your user file, (Windows 7 and 8 should be in your name folder EX (FONX8 (My games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini. Delete the comands Archive invalidation and the below comand (only the one below) and save. See in your main game Skyprefs.ini if your folder has that comand too. 200% guarantee to work.