Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to fix this on my own. Given the mass amounts of responds(read: sarcasm), I wanted to give back.

For some reason, for me, the DDSopt optimized textures of the Vanilla, DLC(all of them) and HiRes DLC, caused this bug. When I disabled them(I use Mod Organizer, and thus, they are Loose Files) in the left panel in Mod Organizer, the bug disappeared. I should note that I had the so called "fixes" for this bug in the .ini file active as well:

[Papyrus]
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

~Sincerely

Halde

having the blank MCM menu glitch, tried pretty much everything suggested here except i can not find bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 anywhere (do i have to add this manually?), this is what i have in my skyrim_default.ini

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1
[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0
[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

yup... it was number 3 for me. Thanks a lot. That and I had to add the "iMinMemoryPageSize"

Thanks a lot.. seriously lol

Edit: Try this people This Basically fixed almost every problem I had with all my mods lol.... most of them at least.

BAM

I followed this whole thread....shame this wasn't the very first answer. Try 3 folks....ESPECIALLY if you don't have MO.

Such an easy fix....

having the blank MCM menu glitch, tried pretty much everything suggested here except i can not find bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 anywhere (do i have to add this manually?), this is what i have in my skyrim_default.ini

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1
[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0
[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Are you sure your in the right Skyrim ini? I window searched "Skyrim.ini" and had two results. "Skyrim" and "SkyrimPrefs". I chose "Skyrim" and it was all there......MUCH more data than your script, btw.

Edited by Nekoroth

There are many INIs. The one you'll need is called skyrim.ini, and it's in the Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder, unless you use MO, in which case it's in your Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles folder.

Sorry to see you got no help Halde. I have been too busy to log on (college). Summer vacay is almost here, so I'll be here a lot.

Btw Halde:

You may get in trouble for bumping threads. It's in the TOS not to bump, so be careful. :ermm: