Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

I recently got this issue and realized exactly what the problem was because I had only made 1 single changed to the Papyrus section of my skyrim.ini because of this http://www.rcrncommunity.com/five-quick-skyrim-tweaks-you-may-not-know #1 says: if you have 6GB of ram -> iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=3000000000 so I have 6GB of ram and I added that in to see if my game would get 20% smoother. Instead I got the error this post is about.

So I removed the line and everything is fine.

What I would like to know is, what is that iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes= ??? suppose to equal so that Skyrim knows how to access all my RAM?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do de same change to iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4000000000 but for 8gb of ram and the papyrus error message pop up, problem is that Im using enb and ading that line REALLY improve my fps so... did anyone know how to fix the problema keeping the iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4000000000 I try all de solution here and the best I achive is the message dont show but when I enter the ítems menú the game crashes to desktop.

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

yup... it was number 3 for me. Thanks a lot. That and I had to add the "iMinMemoryPageSize"

Thanks a lot.. seriously lol

Edit: Try this people This Basically fixed almost every problem I had with all my mods lol.... most of them at least.

Edited by OriginsMaster

I had the 'iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4000000000 ' and resultant message error also. I changed the iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes number to my maximum paging file size number and no longer have the error. I wondered at the time when I changed it why it was an even number since memory amounts are usually not - e.g. 256, 43057 etc.. I'm not sure if that was before or after I changed my bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to 1. I had seen the setting at 0 and it didn't make sense so I changed it after placing a comment on why I had done that in case it turned out to be a grave error.

Just more information for the pros to mull over. I am no pro by a long shot. :blush:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

yup... it was number 3 for me. Thanks a lot. That and I had to add the "iMinMemoryPageSize"

Thanks a lot.. seriously lol

Edit: Try this people This Basically fixed almost every problem I had with all my mods lol.... most of them at least.

I deleted the .ini first. Then did steps 2 and 3. For step 2 I did a full/manual install of SKSE. For step 3 I copied and pasted the info into my .ini since it wasn't there. Then I changed the 0 to 1. Now SkyUI doesn't give me the error anymore. :smile:

Edited by jrss4444

• 2 weeks later...

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

Thank you, ever so, Very, VERY, much. it seems that number 3 was the exact problem I was having. I had a super awesome gaming computer about a year ago, but had to leave it behind when I moved. I finally got a better one, and wanted to play Skyrim right away, but this was screwing me up. again, thank you for fixing this problem (or at least providing the info). I'm going to spread the word around.

• 2 weeks later...