Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

Simple way to solve this problem

- First delete the Skyrim.ini "from My Games\Skyrim"

- Start the game for the Lancher

- Then all the Mods of your game will be disabbled

- Skyrim.ini will be recreated

- Enable all the mods using NMM

- Then re-install the SkyUI again "rember to copy the files in the data file directory from the zip file not to install it from the NMM"

It worked for me very well

Edited by princeofheartsjs

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hands down out of anything i have ever tried to install that was mod related into a damn game sky ui makes me want to stab baby turtles, ive never seen a mod be so useless be so difficult to install, why do people bother to make that s#*! a requirement for most of the decent mods out there, i personally hate this interface but the other mods are really nice has anyone just ignore the message and just keep playing skyrim because i dont want to make it to level 40 again and have to restart for the 20th time

• 2 weeks later...

^

Yup. I ignored it for a while. The end result was all of my mods started working really wrong, and pretty much stopped working all together eventually. It's a guaranteed disaster. Follow one of the many solutions posted on this thread, or prepare for a mod catastrophe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why do people bother to make that s*** a requirement for most of the decent mods out there

Because people like you start to complain that they want tiny alterations to suit their play style, character build, and everything else that Bethesda does not offer. Instead of wasting hundreds of hours of their personal time, the modders make a unitifed system that is fairly easy to implement if the instructions are followed step-by-step. As for your opinion that it is useless, you clearly were having a bad day or were drunk/high when you wrote that. In game altering of mods is a great tool. All because Bethesda could not figure out to have bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1.

Kind of a running gag they play on us with each new release of this old engine. Perhaps they will actually have a new engine for Fallout 4, and just maybe they will realize that it will be modded, and save a million headaches by auto-loading newer versions of files automatically. Then again, that would be two new things at the same time, and that is probably asking too much. ;)

Edited by KMA

There's like 3 different issues mixed in this old thread:

1. Setting the max memory allocation to an incorrect number: backup+delete the skyrim.ini
  2. SKSE getting corrupted: reinstall SKSE.
  3. Then that bInvalidateOlderFiles being set to 0: use ModOrganizer and as a bonus it sets that right for you automatically in its initweaks file.

Only problem is using ModOrganizer means your skyrim.ini is in a different place, deleting it in the normal place wouldn't work, it's one more variable when you have a fubar skse install, and it may be hard for some to use it because you have to start everything from within it.

There's no perfect solution. But overall it's just don't mess with things unless you have to, and understand the tools provided to you. And if you're going to start clean, make sure you really do: INI files, external utilities such as SKSE, and a new save for testing. Actually, you might as well do that kind of stuff *before* trying to reinstall Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

Had the same problem with papyrus.ini and delay on inventory, nr. 3 fixed everything for me, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried all the fixes in these post, and I have made a new game(new save) each time I've tried a new fix. I keep getting the error. I use Mod Organizer, so reinstalling the game wouldn't be a big deal, but I can't see the good it would do. I have tried fixing the .ini's in the my games/skyrim and in ModOrganizer/profiles/Default and in the Skyrim_default.ini. I have reinstalled SKSE about a dusin times(I use the alpha version for the memory patch), and I have removed and reinstalled SkyUI a few more times than that.

It seems that this mod and how to fix the multiple errors that it might cause, are shrouded in mystery. For some, some of the fixes work. For others they don't. For me, none of them work.

With the Papyrus ini error, I have an about 3-5 second delay on menu, and my MCM menu is not showing any mods. I have absolutely no idea how to proceed. I even PM'ed the mod author, in hopes that he/she will have the time to help me...

AAAALL GRAVY! :woot: I removed SkyUI from MO, I reinstalled SKSE, played/quit, reinstalled (MO) SkyUI, got that error report on how SKSE is not installed (just like every time), ignored that again (naturally), played using SkyUI (turns out I had a few Steam mods installed. Forgot they install themselves), and saw [MCM has registered 2 new menus].

When you managed to fix this, did you use the so called ".ini fixes"? Because my Papyrus error seems to be imbedded even deeper in Skyrim that yours was.

Edited by Halde