Valve learned to count to 3.

Aegrus

So they don't really care WHAT the drug does...just that it isn't named a real-life substance.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry on that one.

That's correct, neither content nor context matter, just the letter of the rules. They're bored, dead-end functionaries who know full well they'll never get a "real" political career. The result is numerous rating which make absolutely no sense what so ever. Such as sports game getting an MA15+ or San Andreas getting rated PG.

At last, a sequel with a 3 on it. I'd love to know what's going on through Gabe Newell's mind to shove a L4D3 in our faces and not HL3. Maybe zombies ate his brain.

It's more likely L4D3 is a practice run on the new engine, instead of HL3. It could be foolish, depending on the changes to the engine, to risk your flagship franchise by testing new software on a new generation of hardware without a significant period of acclimatization.

Edited by Rennn

• 2 weeks later...

But I thought DOTA 2 was still technically in beta? given the AMAZING success of #2 Valve would be bonkers not to release a third, but they'd be even more bonkers to release #3 now, before @2 is finished! :laugh:

But I thought DOTA 2 was still technically in beta? given the AMAZING success of #2 Valve would be bonkers not to release a third, but they'd be even more bonkers to release #3 now, before @2 is finished! :laugh:

1) yea i thought DotA wasnt even fully released yet?

2) the whole second part of your statement, couldnt that be applied to Half Life too? lol