SR IV launches, Australia waits until Sept. 27

Vindekarr

Hah, yeah, Saints Row is no longer intended to be realistic. If some people don't like that, they should stick to Grand Theft Auto for their realism indulges.

However, I'm a bit sceptical about the super powers - I think that takes the craziness a little too far (it is super powers after all). But, if there's a good explanation for having them, then I suppose I won't mind.

It's explained. It's just explained using Saint's Row logic and lazorz. Also, if you played the third game, you were already starting to develop superpowers-by the time you had full upgrades. you had superstrength, invulnerability, and could become wealthy by punching people.

Hah, yeah. Mostly I avoided the upgrades in SR3 because the game becomes too unbalanced. I beat the game on hard without any upgrades and it was still pretty easy (just use a handgun and get headshots).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wrong about this game, it's actually great fun, it's not even in the same genre as the first three, what they've turned it into is something that just throws the rule book away and does it's own thing. The humour from the first two is back in place of the juvenile nonsense in SR3 and there's a lot more to do this time. The activities are better, the Insurance Fraud is brilliant.

Hah, yeah, Saints Row is no longer intended to be realistic. If some people don't like that, they should stick to Grand Theft Auto for their realism indulges.

However, I'm a bit sceptical about the super powers - I think that takes the craziness a little too far (it is super powers after all). But, if there's a good explanation for having them, then I suppose I won't mind.

It's explained. It's just explained using Saint's Row logic and lazorz. Also, if you played the third game, you were already starting to develop superpowers-by the time you had full upgrades. you had superstrength, invulnerability, and could become wealthy by punching people.

Hah, yeah. Mostly I avoided the upgrades in SR3 because the game becomes too unbalanced. I beat the game on hard without any upgrades and it was still pretty easy (just use a handgun and get headshots).

Most of the fun in SR4 comes from being overpowered.

I might pick it up later this month, i need a gta like game that i can play without it being tied to vram :mellow: , If you know what i mean. I feel sorry for you Australians as we have the original version untouched..

Edited by Thor.

Agreed. Some games I absolutely love because they're hard(Dark Souls, I'm looking at you) and they make me push myself, make me want to get better. But there are also games where the joy is in being overpowered, in just screwing around and goofing off. And honestly I think we need both. If it wasn't for games like Garry's Mod and Saint's Row, Dark Souls and games like would simply be "average". If it wasn't for Dark Souls and hard games, we wouldn't be as good. When you have both, gaming is highly enriched.

I hold people who complain about difference in the deepest contempt. The beauty of gaming is a mixture of variety and freedom. If you don't like a game, don't play it. That's why I get so sick of self-righteous Battlefield fanboys and the like ranting about how a game is bad because it's "unrealistic" Not only is Battlefield about as realistic as Skyrim, but if all games were "realistic" then gaming would be a very boring activity. Gaming needs variety. In order to be of any worth at all as an artistic medium, it needs to be as diverse as possible, and by extension, yes, you do need the "realistic"(*snigger*) FPS games, but you also need the shear mania of Saint's Row and Team Fortress to counterbalance them.

I was wrong about this game, it's actually great fun, it's not even in the same genre as the first three, what they've turned it into is something that just throws the rule book away and does it's own thing. The humour from the first two is back in place of the juvenile nonsense in SR3 and there's a lot more to do this time. The activities are better, the Insurance Fraud is brilliant.

Most of the fun in SR4 comes from being overpowered.

No doubt. :P

I'll wait a while before I get it though: I'm quite picky with games.

Finished it last night and I can highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't take things too seriously, the game is an incoherent mess but also it's great fun. Those who haven't played the previous titles might not get much out if as it's full of references to the previous titles and has wall to wall fan service.

Jim-That's exactly what I keep hearing again and again. Looking forward to it I must say; I like a bit of lunacy, and SR has more lunacy than three mental institutions, the United States Congress, and Monty Python's entire work combined.

i find it funny they banned SR4 because of a gun that has been in games in Aus for a long time (Destroy all Humans, cough). although "it wasn't justified by context" is their argument, when that is invalid because IT'S SAINTS ROW.

oh well, we can just have the side mission modded in anyway. didn't that happen with L4D2 in Aus? and when is Valve gonna give as a non-retarded version of L4D2? because i am not installing that on steam (i bought it on the summer sale) until they do so. or i could just get mods for it.

i find it funny they banned SR4 because of a gun that has been in games in Aus for a long time (Destroy all Humans, cough). although "it wasn't justified by context" is their argument, when that is invalid because IT'S SAINTS ROW.

oh well, we can just have the side mission modded in anyway. didn't that happen with L4D2 in Aus? and when is Valve gonna give as a non-retarded version of L4D2? because i am not installing that on steam (i bought it on the summer sale) until they do so. or i could just get mods for it.

The delay might be caused by them replacing or reworking that mission, they can't just remove it as it's quite important. I don't know how easy (or not) it would be to put back, the SDK isn't out yet and mods are limited to overrides at the moment.