1.6.342 rest in peace SKSE again

DanielVacha

Guest deleted73800458

I would like to say, i think Todd Howard, dont like mods full stop, but one thing he has not done, a anniversary edition for the Skyrim Legendary edition, if the Nexus community dont like the way Skyrim SE keeps getting updated

we all should turn Skyrim Legendary edition to complete Photorealism all from real world photos, also i notice dosnt Bethesda know anything about geography, Bethesda game developers say they went to school, but i cannot relate

any mountains in Skyrim to geography, God the creator would Laugh at Bethesda., I also wish all the superior modders on the Nexus a Happy xmas and a prosperous new year, because Skyrim modders are real game developers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the AE problems stem more from malice than ignorance.

They failed to full vet the updates prior to release, then were pressured into releasing them anyway knowing it would cause major problems.

Heck, we were all warned months in advance that this was a game breaker.

To me, the better solution would have been to make them as any other pay for DLC, give people the opportunity to download rather than just making across the board changes that affected every one whether they wanted it or not.

Or Bethesda supports its broader modding community by finding a way to simultaneously publish a fully-functioning equivalent of SKSE every time they cut a new SE release, and expose whatever functionality is necessary with that release so that the modding community isn't dependent on the whim of folks who may or may not feel inclined to update the address library, consoleutil, jcontainers, and such that so many mods depend on.

@sopmac45

You don't need to wait a few days. SKSE updated last night and the Address Library yesterday afternoon. Pretty much everything is the same as before already.

Excellent !!! Then I was on point of what I said in my last entry. We just had to wait a couple of days and I was prepared to wait a bit longer. Tonight, I will update everything and continue playing.

Bethesda will update again probably one or twice before they finish polishing this version so the "game" ( waiting for SKSE to update and all the mods that depend on it ) will continue ... so let it be written, so let it be done !!!

I would like to say, i think Todd Howard, dont like mods full stop, but one thing he has not done, a anniversary edition for the Skyrim Legendary edition, if the Nexus community dont like the way Skyrim SE keeps getting updated

we all should turn Skyrim Legendary edition to complete Photorealism all from real world photos, also i notice dosnt Bethesda know anything about geography, Bethesda game developers say they went to school, but i cannot relate

any mountains in Skyrim to geography, God the creator would Laugh at Bethesda., I also wish all the superior modders on the Nexus a Happy xmas and a prosperous new year, because Skyrim modders are real game developers.

My greatest thing to do after work is modding and i usualy end up with a few hundred mods installed. That said... only maby 20 is graphics. I would never spend time trying to make Skyrim photorealistic. Texture-mods is such a waste of time.

I think the AE problems stem more from malice than ignorance.

They failed to full vet the updates prior to release, then were pressured into releasing them anyway knowing it would cause major problems.

Heck, we were all warned months in advance that this was a game breaker.

To me, the better solution would have been to make them as any other pay for DLC, give people the opportunity to download rather than just making across the board changes that affected every one whether they wanted it or not.

Or Bethesda supports its broader modding community by finding a way to simultaneously publish a fully-functioning equivalent of SKSE every time they cut a new SE release, and expose whatever functionality is necessary with that release so that the modding community isn't dependent on the whim of folks who may or may not feel inclined to update the address library, consoleutil, jcontainers, and such that so many mods depend on.

Will be interesting the day the Silverlock-team do not longer update SKSE. For me it is no biggie but for many that would stop them from modding forever.

The idea that Bethesda should just take on the work of dozens of modders is laughable. Why not just integrate all the mods directly and then none of you have to do anything?

And if the SKSE devs do EOL the script extender hopefully it will make people actually pay attention to how to avoid updates.

There should be another patch soon since a new crash bug has been found, but it may not require a version change.

The idea that Bethesda should just take on the work of dozens of modders is laughable. Why not just integrate all the mods directly and then none of you have to do anything?

Bethesda would have been better off just leaving V alone and instead spent it’s time on developing VI.

The modding community had pretty much everything you’d ever need or want covered, and had it not been for them, Skyrim V would not be nearly as popular as it is.

Bethesda has done well by riding the modding community coat tails, but it just couldn’t leave it alone in the hopes of a few more Septums.

This entire debacle was easily avoidable.

This new version was done ( I believe ) thinking about the new generation of players, those who are starting to play this game and not about those whom have been playing this game since it did start.

The question here is : will coders continue updating this game in the future ? New coders from the new generation of players will take over. The old coders, will stop very soon cause the new game Starfield, which should be released in November 11, 2022 will allow modding, then I do believe that all of those old coders from Skyrim ( those who made this game to what it is now ) will stop updating their mods for Skyrim and start coding Starfield.

The new Engine 2 will allow modding according to Starfield developers so for those like me whom have been playing this game since it did start, will stop playing Skyrim and will start playing Starfield, which according to Bethesda, it will have the same Skyrim game structure ( exploration ) and it will be like playing Skyrim in the open Universe.

For the old players, Skyrim is about to die or death already. For the new generation of players, Skyrim is a game they will love to play so Bethesda is not betting on the old players, but the new ones.

Regardless of your assertions that everything is working now. . .it isn't. An un-modded skyrimse is totally boring as is the 'anniversary edition. I will NEVER download a Bethesda game again, although there hasn't been a decent one for some time now.