Elder Scrolls Online Using Subscription Fees

billyro

Well, I have just discovered that ESO will be pay-to-play, at $15 a month (probably more for us Aussies) and therefore I shall not be getting the game. $15 a month is a big investment and it's definitely not worth it IMO.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/the_elder_scrolls_online,44578,3026853.html

^This link was posted on the ESO Facebook page.

I'm going to wait for a few years until it gets cheaper or goes free-to-play. What is everyone else doing?

Edited by billyro

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm glad its subscript based. They seem to be better, more in depth games imo.

In fact, I'd still be playing a few of them if they had bigger populations and/or were still online.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

I never really bought an MMO before, and this would have been my first because I was actually quite excited about it, but with it being subscription payments I very much doubt I will bother. It's a daft way to pay for me because unless I drop everything else in my life for that month I wouldn't be getting my money's worth, I might not be able to afford to pay the next month and feel annoyed because I was really getting into the game, and if I kept up with paying for the full year it would cost me AT LEAST £120...I would never pay that for any game no matter how good it is.

Bad form, Bethesda.

i actually thought this was already news? maybe it was just rumor before, but i feel like i knew this.

i was never interested in this game to begin with, that said i would have been easier to persuade if it was F2P/single time purchase like GW2. now you wont convince me.

bad news for me, i was really very happy since i heard about the teso project, but after this priceshock i`ll never play that game online cause its definetely toooooooo expensive!

than i would prefer a new TESVI as a normal singleplayer version for 30-60€ and another great modding scene for that game! ;-)

The only reason the buy-to-play model didn't work out very well for GW2 is that GW2 isn't actually that fun. Well, that's just my opinion anyway. That game is only fun when you have some friends to play with (pretty much), but otherwise it's just a big empty world with generic missions and a lot of grinding.

I think that ESO would still probably be fun even as a single player experience, which means it would probably do a lot better than Guild Wars 2 as a buy-to-play game.

But yeah, can't see myself playing it now.