Elder Scrolls Online Using Subscription Fees

billyro

The monthly fee is kind of steep, i might try it out on the ps4 when it comes out then.

If the clutter have havoc and physics, consider my house the house of clutter.

I believe they said that the clutter with be instanced to each player and it will not have physics. I may be wrong though.

Yeah, I still think that the fee is too much, even though the game looks and sounds very good.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Vin...I like things to have use also. But I am dragon-like in my desire to horde things.

Funny story...playing Wow and was fishing in a PvP area (though between actual battles) and I had recently fished up a really nice fishing pole..which was also a weapon (though not one I would have typically used of course.) Some Orc I guess thought I was only fishing with a regular pole and attacked...I began beating the crap out of him with said pole (and doing massive damage) when he tried to run for his life. Being on a death knight I let him run off some..death gripped him (or whatever its called) pulled him back and finished the job. I then got my fish and flew off, happy with fish and bloodied pole.

:tongue:

I know the feeling. For me, I'm not a very... aggressive person, PVP and the shear rage it generates very rarely appeals, so I normally like to... lighten things up with silly characters/weapons. Sometimes this is so much fun it spills over into PVE(which is the main thing I like about MMOs-doing dungeons with friends) The best example was the guild I ran in Champions Online, which remains THE BEST guild I've ever been in, regardless of game, and which if possible I may one day resurrect: "the reject pile"

Basically, it was an RP guild for superheroes and the only requirement was that your character had some sort of "defect" that you had to RP. Just within the Officer council, we had an exhibitionist, a nymphomaniac, a Manic Depressive, a paranoid schizophrenic, a Martian with OCD and me, an emotional dysfunctional sociopath. And I've never had more fun in an MMO-almost all of us had previously had some experience with mental illness or social persecution-or known someone who had-and RPing such a quirky bunch was just wonderful. We were good, too-my sociopathic Deathstroke inspired merc could one-shot anything up to a boss, and attack from beyond the max range of any NPC(incl, Teliosaur) meaning I could simply flit in, deliver a few 47,000 damage Headshots, then flit out and self-heal + stealth + rez + self rez + stunlock. The only person we ever rejected was the Exhibitionist; he had a 'Nam era US Marine style army dude, and we simply asked him to change his name; he didn't realise there really WAS a General Butt-Naked, and that he wasn't a laughing matter.

It's this customisation + good PVE that are what I look for in an MMO. I'm willing to play anything with a pulse(or without-zombies are just people with Partially Deceased Syndrome) and I really hope this has proper customisation. Obviously I'll have to wait for another City Of Heroes type game to ever resurrect the Reject Pile, but hey, as long as I can make a character that's totally unique, I'm usually quite content.

Footnote: the real General Butt-Naked was a Liberian warlord. Madder than a bag full of crack-addicted raccoons, he was a cannibal, fought naked because he believed it made him invisible, and was responsible for a list of war-crimes longer than my arm.

Edited by Vindekarr

• 2 months later...

Got an invite myself. Debating whether or not to download 20+ GB for the two days they are letting us play (friday morning-midnight Sunday). Don't have to worry about bandwidth limitations or any of that...just have a very bad feeling it's not going to be worth it. Never been a fan of MMOs and I have a feeling this will be no different from any of the ones I have played. Ah well, I'll give it a go.

Regardless if it's decent or not, I won't be getting it. Like other people, I just refuse to pay $15/month to play a game. I tend to take 2-3 week breaks on alot of games I play (nearly all SP). Also, with Bethesda's reputation for their single player games, I have a feeling this is probably going to be the buggiest MMO ever released :P

Edited by Illiad86

I'm gonna need to put my other HD in to play as I am tapped out.

I been lazy because I need a adapter to do it. It is either that or uninstall something for the 2 days.

I like MMOs all right. I know they aren't for everyone. But I plan on RPing and stuffs. I don't mind the sub fees. I really would rather those but it could go free to play like many others. I don't mind microtrans as long as it isn't stuff to help win. Just pretty things.

I suspect there will be issues with the game and I plan to report things like one should during a beta. I didn't sign up just to get a look at it. I want to make them aware of things what are troublesome. That is why they have betas.

Well after just over a week of playing SWTOR as a preferred status member I would really love bethesda to eventually decide to take the same path:

• Subscribe - for all features
  • F2P - allow to level to the cap, but with less features
  • Preferred Status - using a one-off payment from their 'store' (assuming there will be one) of about £5-£10 with enough features to not feel quite so restricted such as trading and storage

This is actually the first MMO playthrough I have stuck to (lv 48 Jedi) and I have to say I have become a massive fan, mostly for the allowance to unlock content instead of paying over £100 to own a full game for just 1 year.