Regarding recent romance mods

Sage3224

This post isn't intended to encourage witch-hunting or get people in trouble. In fact I'm probably going to be the only one who gets in trouble for making this post. Please don't contact any of the mod authors mentioned here. I just want to bring to light an issue that is important to me which I feel is being swept under the rug.

Lately there's been a few mods circulating which change the romance dialogue options available based on gender. It initially started with this mod, which only allows the player to marry NPCs of the same sex. I actually can't find the link to the original (maybe it was deleted?), but here's a similar more recent mod.

- No Straight Marriage/No Marriage At All

Not too long after the original, a couple of other mods came around which do the opposite. As of writing this post, two of them are on the hot files.

- Only Straight Marriages
- No same sex marriage

All of these mod concepts are fine, though due to the timing, the latter two feel suspiciously more like anti-lgbt protests. There's really no point in debating that though.

Another mod from one of these authors however, lays their intentions pretty bare.

- Straight Hrodulf

Hrodulf is a dead male NPC that is romanced with another dead male NPC. Unlike the previously mentioned mods, which give the player agency over their own romance options, this mod literally just makes a dead NPC straight for no reason other than because the author doesn't like the existance of a gay character.

It's really sad to see people use mods as a medium to push these kinds of politics in the community. Aren't we better than this?

They're pretty obvious bait and the authors are probably laughing at the reactions they're getting.

I don't think it's bait if it reflects their actual views. Passing this kind of thing off as bait is letting it off the hook. Bait or not you should treat it as something genuine, just like the people who unironically agree with the message would

I'm not letting it off the hook, and it absolutely is bait if they're doing it specifically to rile up the community whether or not they actually believe what they're saying. The best way to deal with it is to quietly report and not raise a huge public stink because, again, that's what they want. They're getting more eyes on them from it. The second best way is to make something positive in retaliation, e.g. the "only gay marriage" mods popping up and such.

Long paragraphs about your anger and disappointment are just going to make these assholes laugh. They're trying to piss people off, and it's clearly working.

You should protect yourselves from such people by not interacting with them and the danger they pose. It is inherently unsafe to be gay. Be careful out there. Very few people have your back. Guard yourself online. I advise to stay away from the Nexus just until it cools down, for your own safety.

I noticed that the latter also has a kind of "b*tthurt report" on their about me tab.

Clearly they're doing what they're doing for the reaction.

Guys n' Girls

All i know is that Humans are Hypocrites

Nobody really respects Diversity or Freedom

Nobody really cares about everyones Sovereignty

Nobody really accepts everyones Way of Life

If we took some people and placed them on a Map

Divided them bewteen 2 communities

One would have a way of life Purely Straight with its own Laws

One would have a way of life Purely LGBT with its own Laws

Everyone would try to force the other to accept his way of life and own Laws

So we would be forced to become Dictators and Surpress them to keep the peace between them

I think people just have a need to fight with each other so they can feel important.

I think people lack self-confidence and the self discipline to restrain themselves.

I think people care more about their own Ego and not balance and peace.

Don't know the situation reminds me of the Fallout 4 Flame Wars during Biden vs Trump Elections

At least they had a reason back then...

But this...

Its simply ridiculous...

Wanna make the World End?

Put them into two separate communities and arm them with Nuclear Warheads.

Guaranteed they'll blow the whole Planet to Space!

Edited by Guest