Premium Membership prices increasing from October

Dark0ne

Don’t you hate it when you pay for something and then the next day it goes on sale? Don’t you equally hate it when you’re thinking about buying something but continue to put it off and then the price goes up? That’s why I’m here to give you a friendly heads-up that from October we’re going to be raising our Premium Membership prices in-line with, drum-roll please, inflation. Fact is money isn’t worth as much as it used to be (does that make sense?) and money is exactly what we need right now.

We launched our Premium Membership back in 2006 and since then it’s become an extremely important stream of revenue for the Nexus. Without it this network simply wouldn’t exist. We’ve spent over £120,000 ($187,000) in the past few months on trying to sort out the stability of the network for the future. We’re still not done and we’ll continue to invest in the infrastructure until we’ve got it right. It’s been an expensive year as we’re currently running (and paying for) our new system in parallel with our old one until the new one is ready, which means we’re essentially paying double right now. If you ever wondered what your Premium Membership goes towards, that’s what it goes towards. And the 4 dedicated programmers working on the site. And the 37 servers we have running the network (that number goes up every time I write about this sort of stuff!). And the 3 GBits of bandwidth we use every second. And so on.

From the start of October our prices for Premium Membership will be rising as follows:

• Life time of Supporter membership (not the same as Premium). Originally £1. Now £1.29.
  • 1 month of Premium Membership. Originally £2.49. Now £2.99.
  • 3 months of Premium Membership. Originally £6.99. Now £8.49.
  • 6 months of Premium Membership. Originally £11.99. Now £14.49.
  • 12 months of Premium Membership. Originally £19.99. Now £24.49.
  • Life time of Premium Membership. Originally £39.99. Now £49.99.

Remember Premium Membership at any level gives you an ad free experience on any and all Nexus sites, current or future (yet to be made sites), for life irrespective of whether you buy 1 month or a lifetime. You also get unrestricted download speeds on all the servers and multi-threading enabled file downloads to a maximum of 4 threads per file. For a full list of benefits you can take a look at our Premium Membership info page.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move! I'm serious. You've been keeping your Premium services at the same price for so long, we can only say thanks. With ridiculously (in a good way) increased traffic on your sites and all the development plans you will need more funding. Keep you the good work!

In response to post #9021931. #9022425 is also a reply to the same post.

The prices haven't increase yet but if you're in the EU you probably saw the VAT added, which adds an extra 20% on top unfortunately :(

I don't add it to the prices shown in this list because EU purchases only account for about 25% of sales and it would confuse the other 75% who don't have to pay VAT on the transaction. It is clearly labelled several times throughout the transaction process though. Sorry for the confusion. And if it's any consolation, either way, you've gotten it cheaper than it would have been next month.

Honestly, I think that this "little" increase in the price for Premium Membership is perfectly justified. I'm Premium Member for two years, and a member for three years and in all those days spent on Nexus I have seen a great deal of commitment on the part of the Staff to improve this Site.

I know perfectly well that it takes money to invest in infrastructure and, every day, I can see these investments become reality.

My gaming experience with Fallout 3 and Skyrim, thanks to mods and consequently thanks to Nexus, has evolved from "normal experience" to "great experience and fun."