Premium Membership prices increasing from October

Dark0ne

I have yet to see a bigger value in my experience than this site!!! Thrilled and happy to be a member! I am confused about how I will know when it is time to pay up for the year though. Do you have some reminder system?

Thanks for all the hard work you do!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #9034368. #9035044, #9035560, #9037797, #9039934, #9049335 are all replies on the same post.

99% of the mods I use come from Nexus and a lot of them cannot even be found on Steam. (i.e. one of the best mods ever made Interesting NPCs) Nexus gives a lot more versatility with mods than Steam does and since both are free I choose the Nexus every time. I check mods on Steam as often as I do Nexus but I always come to Nexus afterwards to see if there is a clone over here that I can actually use.

I use Mod Organizer for my mod program which allows you to setup up multiple profiles without messing with the base game files and folders. If I want to start a new character I do not have to worry about cleaning out my Skyrim folders for a clean install each time. If I get mods from Steam that is not possible so I avoid using mods from there. Edited by Eglyntine

In response to post #9030501. #9030907, #9031358, #9033330, #9033413, #9033613, #9033675, #9033804, #9033956, #9034024, #9034162 are all replies on the same post.

@printerkop

the nexus sites are getting slower and slower in the last month and the prices go up?

Usually it's the other way around ........

This is the reason why I have not renewed my premium account. Especially the response I got from the "Moderator".

Actually the site has gotten much better over the last few weeks. There are still some hiccups but that is also being worked on. I guess if no one was doing anything at all I'd be kinda pissy. To note....things go up all the time without so much of a sniff of change or improvement. Gone to the grocery store lately? Seem like that box of cereal is more for less?

If you have an issue with a moderator please, please talk to Robin about it via PM. That is the way to go and simply tossing something like that out there really isn't fair to anyone. We are all human and sometimes make mistakes and politeness is sometimes at a minimum around the internet. If one of us has made a mistake then it should be addressed and the way to do that, per the ToS of the site...is to contact Robin about the issue.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

In response to post #9036586. #9036907 is also a reply to the same post.

I just checked: 15954 days sums up to "only" 43 years... Somehow, I always wished it'd be longer than that. Sigh.
Pleeeezzz, M. Nexus, can you make Lifetimes a little longer?..

In response to post #9036909.

true, it is already better then when i just joined, but i just thought it wasn't a very strategic time to rise membership prices just yet, cause there are still issues.

i'm sure the problems will be solved in a while and when they have been, that would be the right time to rise membership pricing.

that's the way company's normally work.

In response to post #9036909.

true, it is already better then when i just joined, but i just thought it wasn't a very strategic time to rise membership prices just yet, cause there are still issues.

i'm sure the problems will be solved in a while and when they have been, that would be the right time to rise membership pricing.

that's the way company's normally work.

In this case any money "gained" would be going right into the enhancement and development the sites need to correct the errors and improve the stability. A lot of money has already gone to this effort (as Robin has previously stated a few times) - but hey - it's never enough is it? Place this large takes some major financing just to run at all, let alone the upgrades, additional servers, and all the other stuff that becomes required over time. It's a massive undertaking...

Sometimes you can't solve the problems without a little extra cash being thrown to the effort.

As has been said many times though, the premium membership is entirely optional. If you (anyone) do want to take up a Premium account, but don't feel it's right to take the option now, then by all means you can wait until later. Your money, your choice. Just the way it should be.