Premium Membership prices increasing from October

Dark0ne

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in.

I've got hundreds of blissful hours played and nearly as many spent modding Skyrim, none of which would be possible without the Skyrim Nexus. Best $$$ I've ever spent, period.

My thanks to the Skyrim Nexus Team and a special thanks to all the brilliant modders that make my Skyrim so enjoyable.

Haha guess I am glad I bought my lifetime premium membership back when I did lol. And it was well worth every penny. I have tons of game time and hundreds of hours modding skyrim as well, which would not have been possible without the Nexus sites, so I am happy to show my support :D !

Why are you raising membership prices if you don't have the sites fixed up. I mean you are increasing the the prices but you don't offer us a better service.

So in my point of view i gess it's better if you fix the websites first (502's, 504's and other things) and then talk about increasing prices.

If you make it better for both sides, then i will gladly spend my money :thumbsup:

Why are you raising membership prices if you don't have the sites fixed up. I mean you are increasing the the prices but you don't offer us a better service.

So in my point of view i gess it's better if you fix the websites first (502's, 504's and other things) and then talk about increasing prices.

If you make it better for both sides, then i will gladly spend my money :thumbsup:

Though I understand this, these sites have been running for YEARS with only minor annoyances and not much raise in prices for premium membership (of course the free option has always been that and all mods have and I am sure always will be...free to download). The sites have been being worked on and upgraded for the past year and very aggressively the past few months. It isn't like things aren't being done and very expensive they have been. The cost of simply having these sites operational have gone up over the years much less trying to make them better and accommodate the high increase in members, traffic and games/services. So when you feel like you wish to and can then go ahead and get that membership but until then we will be here still offering all these great mods without a penny being required.

We haven't raised (or lowered) the rates at all since we launched Premium Membership back in 2006. Since then the rate of inflation in the UK has made things 22.56% more expensive than they were back in 2006 ergo the result is things now cost more but we're not earning more from Premium Membership. At some point it's important to realign your prices with inflation. Considering the amount of money invested in to the Nexus network this year alone now seems like the best time for it.

This question was actually answered in earlier pages already so feel free to go back and find more detailed answers.

I purchased my membership shortly after joining up with Nexus and while it is a lifetime membership, I would gladly buy another one any day any time. The site is amazing and the work that you guys do is fantastic and much appreciated by myself and I am sure most of the gaming community. Keep it up guys we love all the time and effort you put into this site.

Cheers,

May have been said before but very few premium websites I know of actually have such a thing as "lifetime membership". And to offer it at even £49.99 for everything you get out of 23 game sites and the endless support in the forums is almost daylight robbery in my opinion ;P

You guys and the amazingly talented modders out there are in a large part why Elder Scrolls just won Game Series of the Year Decade award at Gamespot. It is awe inspiring the work you do.

Awe inspiring...

-SNB-