FileFront closing its doors - Not anymore!!!

Dark0ne

EDIT 4/2/2009 by LHammonds - FileFront is no longer being closed as it was re-acquired by the original founders.

Popular file-sharing website FileFront is closing its doors in the very near future. Here's the blurb:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.

Keep gaming alive,

FileFront Management and Team.

While FileFront wasn't as prominent in the Elder Scrolls community as it was in some other gaming communites (the KoTOR community, for instance, heavily relies on FileFront) it still represents a noticeable loss, and many people have mirrored their files on FileFront. If you are one of these individuals then you should be warned your files will no longer be available on FileFront after the 30th of March.

I wish the staff at FileFront all the best.

On a side note, please realise FileFront is not the same as FilePlanet, so PES is fine.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bummer. Often Filefront was the only place you could find some files; not just TES but games in general. Fileplanet should be OK (assuming anywhere is given the current circumstances) since they're part of the Murdoch media empire, IIRC.

Ouch, that's a shame.

I've used Filefront quite a bit in the past to find the odd patch or update for my older games, especially if I needed a version that wasn't the latest due to the site having previous versions archived as well.

I never used it enough for a membership though, which might be part of the pickle they are in now.

In any case, I tip my hat to an old community veteran site who's served the gaming community well for many years.

'tis a real shame, the game modding community won't be the same.

I, personally, only ever used it to get old patches, but i know that it is an excellent website that lots of people use, so, farewell, file front,

R.I.P.

I imagine this is the start of the slow decay of the internet community thanks to the reccesion. Pity.

Well, i've been having problems with Filefront for over a year now, with the site being extremely slow, extremely hard to get my files; I did and still do use it as a main place where I placed my files for various games, and some legal music. It's a shame i'll have to move it and re-upload though.

Either way,it wasn't very unexpected, but it is a big shame. Better not let the Nexus go down.

- JC

That sucks, big time. Shame they have to close it down, I downloaded many mods and other stuff from there. :confused:

Anyway, I hope a new site will emerge to take it's place. I'm sure they'll come back, sooner or later, in one way or another.