FileFront closing its doors - Not anymore!!!

Dark0ne

Some of our community do have accounts there, these files are not listed under the game specific sites. And are somewhat hard to find, so if anyone knows of any please do save them for us and pass me a link so I can see if I have the files.

Buddah

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope as much information as possible will be backed up. I have no clue where to start for the other games i played and may play in the future, though. But i just KNOW there's going to be tons of links for good mods in the future for various games, that i wont be able to get due to old unupdated links to Filefront.

From http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/0...own-next-week/1 :

Update: Since publishing this story we've been contacted by one of the network administrators at FileFront going by the name 'Phenix', who says that the team there is currently working hard to back-up as much of the important data as possible. He says that the network admin teams found out about the closure just a few hours before the full announcement went up, and has since been working hard to back-up as much as possible.

The team is currently looking for help to save as much of FileFront as possible - so if you feel like joining in then head over here and get started.

Again, that link is:

http://arloria.net/ircrts/wiki/Main_Page

I got them all, last file is downloading as I type this and will be done in an hour. Now it is time for dinner and a shower.

Buddah

Why did it have to be Filefront and not Fileplanet? Whats the next best side for internet downloads you think?

Either going down is not good. I have a ton of mods on FilePlanet for a game I modded for 10 years ago. No matter which site it is, there are people who were using it and will be sad to see it go.

I grabbed a few files off of FileFront related to Knights of the Old Replublic 1 and 2, but now that I'm thinking about it I can't recall if there's any others I'd want to archive. I'll probably remember after File Front closes its doors.