⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

A Rant

Slaiv

I had this for a while now. I played it and it sucked. Not only is gothic 2 better but the space is so empty and boring. Green lizards and crashing servers don't help either. Why the stupid ____K can't blizzard make a rpg single player version of world of warcraft. Also the test quests are lame as hell. Also, I want Warcraft 4! Byt he way, anybody agree that blizzard should make the game more mature with bigger violence to disuade 7 year olds from playing. I hate kids.....................so stupid..............................

Please do us all a favor and stop posting. Your debates are pointless and your posts are spam. You dont add to a conversation and your posts can barly be read.

I doubt that adding gore to a game would stop seven year olds from playing it as, you, stated you still would.

I also find it odd that you would hate yourself, being a kid.

WoW looks too cartoonish for my tastes... Im getting EQ2 as soon as I buy a new computer and hope it is as good as the developers say it is.

You'll find that EQ2 has the repition of any MMOG if you're out to solo - the fun starts when you start "grouping" with other people. Just now I joined a raiding party of 4 groups, each group consisting of 6 people (do the maths...24 people) - we were all low level, below level 12, and had a whale of a time taking on 20 odd enemies at a time.

Hectic, but fun.

As I said, if you're out to power level by soloing then you're going to be bored stiff with the repetition...but if you're out for questing, meeting new people and working together with people who actually ENJOY grouping, and work as a team, then get EQ2.

The graphics are amazing, but my system dies on anything more than medium settings. For clarification, my system:

Intel P4 3.0Ghz (HT Enabled)

1GB PC3200 RAM

ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

I could run Far Cry on full settings at 1024 res...this game is a monster! But sooo beautiful ;)

RunnyEye server for n00bs who want to group with a l337 l3wt party ;)

I also find it odd that you would hate yourself, being a kid.

WoW looks too cartoonish for my tastes... Im getting EQ2 as soon as I buy a new computer and hope it is as good as the developers say it is.

He also says he's stupid. Why shouldn't he hate himself for that?

You're BUYING a new computer? You have to be kidding!

Anyhoo, Peregrine complains that WoW is buggy. If it's a beta, it will be buggy. You don't expect them to get the bugs out BEFORE they get to the beta stage, do you? I could even name companies that don't even bother fixing bugs after their products have been on the shelves for years! I would think that the experience should get better as bugs, glitches, and exploits are reported.

As for D1's computer, that thing kicks mine to heck and gone! I have an AMD core, and use an NVIDIA GPU...everything's outdated though... :(

Something you may find interesting: an article on VIRTUAL WORLDS: A FIRST-HAND ACCOUNT OF MARKET AND SOCIETY ON THE CYBERIAN FRONTIER, concerning the economics of Everquest. The in-game ones, that is!

For instance, "A unit of Norrath's currency is traded on exchange markets at USD 0.0107, higher than the Yen and the Lira."

Anyhoo, Peregrine complains that WoW is buggy.  If it's a beta, it will be buggy.  You don't expect them to get the bugs out BEFORE they get to the beta stage, do you?  I could even name companies that don't even bother fixing bugs after their products have been on the shelves for years!  I would think that the experience should get better as bugs, glitches, and exploits are reported.

It's not a beta. It's a demo. Despite what they call it, it's a demo. The full, retail game comes out on November 23rd - in ten days. Games usually go gold [are completely finished and ready for shipping] about a month before they are sold. So Blizzard should be finished with the game. Sure, it's an MMORPG, so it wil have to be ironed out later, but the majority of work should be done.

He would have a point, if he hadn't misunderstood my argument. Yes, this was long enough ago that a few bugs can be excused, but this wasn't a simple bug. It was a fatal flaw in an entire system of quests that could let one player cause endless frustration and ruin the game for a whole crowd of lower level players. The entire "kill x monsters as they respawn" "quest" system was an absolutely terrible idea. It's boring, and it's exploitable, and there's no excuse for having it.

The gameplay is absolutely terrible. And I'm not talking about lag, I mean a poorly designed "quest" system that does nothing to improve on the sad excuse for "roleplaying" you get in every other failed MMORPG. It's that bad. The game is entirely over-hype by rabid warcraft fans. Take the name away and you have a game so generic and unimpressive I doubt it would sell 10 copies.

Other than that, the graphics are terrible. Everything is way too low-detail for a new game. Not only that, but the designers had absolutely no concern for realism or believability in the world. Everything looks cartoonish and not in a good way. It just looks like they couldn't bother hiring some decent artists to work on the project.

The economy isn't even out of the beta stage and it's already a newbie-hostile mess. Good luck getting started in this game if you aren't one of the elite few to make your fortune in the first days of the game, and live at your computer to maintain it. It seems like they took everything bad about DiabloII's economy and somehow made it worse.

Oh, and the class system is an absolute disaster. Want to play something besides the artificially narrow classes offered? Forget it. Roleplaying? What's that. Who cares if your archer wants an axe instead of a sword for a backup weapon, you're stuck waiting 50 levels to get even basic proficiency with it. 50 endlessly fun levels of killing newbie monsters until you can even start playing your character. Have fun, and pay your monthly fees.

It just looks like they couldn't bother hiring some decent artists to work on the project.

I would like to debate that - Blizzard has incredibly talented artists, and they make absolutely beautiful art. It's just that Blizzard does a horrible job of interpreting that art and putting it into polygon form.

Which would explain why Starcraft and Diablo II look great, and Warcraft III [it's still a great game] and WoW look terrible. Blizzard was simply not meant to make 3d graphics. Sadly.

*Goes off to hint at Blizzard to release Starcraft for the DS*

slightly off topic, but,

given the MMorpg theme, what're people's opinions of Eve-Online? in the right groups, the roleplaying's there, even if it's not a frst-person avatar you get to play.

Suz.

resisting buying EQ2 or the likes, lest I loose what little life away from computers I have....

holy crap.

I just finished downloading and installing the WoW beta, and when I went to play it, realized I don't remember my password.

Any of you haters want to give me yours?

I'd hate to think the last WEEK was a waste of internet time. Even though it was, since I didn't write the damn account/password down.

And according to Blizz's website, REBELZEPPELIN [AT] GMAIL [DOT] COM is not a registered email.... poo.

:ranting:

~V

Archived