OBLIVION RELOADED STOPPED WORKING!

jwoltz

I have been successfully using OR 6.5.0 for a very long time. I recently custom built a new gaming computer with WIN 10 operating system. I reinstalled TES iv GOTY edition and reloaded my back up of my Oblivion game folder. My game is heavily modded so I used BOSS to properly utilize load order. To date, everything is working as it should except for OR. I have attempted other versions including the latest 9.1, but none of them work. I have adjusted OR's load order position both before and after my Bash Patch. I have gone through everything I know how to do. I have been playing Oblivion for over 20 years and never have encountered anything like this. Clearly I am missing something but have no idea what. Does ANYONE know how to fix this? It's not within any of my saved files either as it doesn't work with starting a new game (which I will not do anyhow) only as a test. HELP!

Only possibility that comes to mind is something related to the new machine's video card/video drivers vs Oblivion Reloaded (but bear in mind I haven't even followed OR stuff for years, never mind stay up to date on it).

i recommed to stay with v6.5 and use only the water- and some selected features (terrain shaders) you know that work stable for you. that is at least what i do since then. since version 7 including v8 i was unable to get rid of some nasty stability glitches and ui related problems in my setup not occuring without OR. but this may depend also on my individual setup. some OR stability features introduced more gliches than stability. the problems and some stutter in high res are related to the game engine and 32bit and dx9 interface limitations, some are related to the additional use of enboost or other shader tools. i play this game with 4k resolution but this is at the limits for this old engine, 32bit and dx9 since it does not really support multithreading and multirendering and the use of more than 4GB ram natively.

Oblivion Reloaded is mostly a OBSE plugin, so if it stopped working completely I would check these:

1. obse_loader.log file - is there error messages OR related?

2. What OBSE/xOBSE version are you using - this plugin is very old so maybe downgrade to old original OBSE (try version 20+) will help?

3. Try to run Oblivion under admin account - maybe it's some security problem, also installing Oblivion to other directory than Program Files is recommended.

If there's a problem with glitches or crashing:

1. No other than nVidia cards are officially supported.

2 . Disable other graphic enchancers like ENB, if you are using them too.

3. Lastly try to disable all features of OR completely, and enable them one-by-one until you find the problematic one(s).

4. It can be also shader related problem, but as you wrote that newer versions of OR doesn't work too, you can't do propably much about it.

Edit: If you installed your Oblivion from DVD, be aware that under Windows 10 DRM like SecuRom doesn't work anymore.

Edited by RomanR

I can live without it really. I never got it to work properly, not even the Light version and I am happy anyway. :D I have fun in game without it. ;)

It do change a lot of stuff, does it not? ;)

I can live without it really. I never got it to work properly, not even the Light version and I am happy anyway. :D I have fun in game without it. ;)

It do change a lot of stuff, does it not? ;)

Same here, although I appreciate the work that must have went into it, I was never happy with how the game ran with it.

That's very true. Oblivion can be a pain to change. It is best to be very gentle with that old game and make micro edits. if we try to re-make it in a way it is not supposed to be, something will break or not work properly. We just have to accept the facts. This is not Skyrim, nor Morrowind. It is Oblivion.

I remember in Morrowind, it was so easy to make big changes and just make it to work. So damn easy... I did some Morrowind modding 2 years ago and it was like a walk in a park. One thing Morrowind does not like, and that is beta testing a mod with your main char, make changes, go in game, save logout, make more changes, login... Where the hell is the doors? Why do I have a hole in my manor? :wink: Where did that mesh go? :D Well sh't like that... Beta testing my dungeon was easy. Make a lot of changes, Uncheck the mod, login, make a new save, logout, check the dungeon, login and FIIIIGHT!!!! 5 hours bloody constant sweaty bloody fighting...

So 2 years ago I fixed some of the bugs mentioned in the video, also corrected some quest text. I am a bloody swede, what does he expect? :wink:

What does it have to do with ORL? Nothing as you just have to forget about OR and ORL... Forget them. The idea is cool, but in the reality?

Pekka is my real Nickname, Pellape was created when I lost access to my old account... Nexus cannot help me get it back. Does not matter really...

Edited by Pellape