⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Unofficial Patch crashes my game...

nafeasonto

I love the UOP's. They've cleaned up my game immensely fixing countless bugs. But for some odd reason, out of nowhere my game has a meltdown. After hours of troubleshooting, I also found the Unnoficial Patches the cause of my ctd's. But my crashes are different, my game crashes when the Skyrim logo comes up and just before the options to Continue, Start, Load a save file.

I went through one by one disabling .esp's from my load order in NMM, using LOOT and finally got down to the point where it looked like this:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

My game STILL crashed at the Skyrim logo. :wallbash: I've had Skyrim meltdowns before, but nothing like this. I continued to uncheck until i was left with Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.................crash. Now, feeling defeated after putting over 150+ hours into my Redguard, Im going to reinstall Skyrim from scratch and truly see if the Patches were messing up my game.

Leftover enb files?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the Unofficial Patch updates take out my saves. The last time this happened my saves would run for 10 minutes then crash. Save cleaning made no difference. To prevent this from happening again I only update the patches after I am done with the characters & ready to start new ones. I also keep older versions of the patches just in case.

I also found the Unnoficial Patches the cause of my ctd's. But my crashes are different, my game crashes when the Skyrim logo comes up and just before the options to Continue, Start, Load a save file.

You need to check Loadorder.txt, Plugins.txt and DLCList.txt.

If you have any mods listed there which are not in your Data folder, or any mods listed twice, or any mods with any dependency on any other mod that cannot be found, it will crash at log-in screen. Basic, simple stuff.

Also, you cannot expect to remove mods willy nilly and still be able to play old saves with no problems.

I have never known ANY issues being caused by ANY of the unofficial patches. But I have heard an awful lot of garbage from people who had no clue what they were doing.

In fact, the only issue I have ever even HEARED of was a problem with the USKP scripts for weapons racks. But as I never cared a whit about weapons racks, it never affected me.

Leftover enb files?

I don't use enb's as my computer cant really handle them....I guess the closest thing to an enb i use woulld be HiAlgoBoost.

I have had the Unofficial Patch updates take out my saves. The last time this happened my saves would run for 10 minutes then crash. Save cleaning made no difference. To prevent this from happening again I only update the patches after I am done with the characters & ready to start new ones. I also keep older versions of the patches just in case.

Thanks, I'll start doing that from now on. Cause now that you mention it the crashes did start happening some time after i updated the patches.

I also found the Unnoficial Patches the cause of my ctd's. But my crashes are different, my game crashes when the Skyrim logo comes up and just before the options to Continue, Start, Load a save file.

You need to check Loadorder.txt, Plugins.txt and DLCList.txt.

If you have any mods listed there which are not in your Data folder, or any mods listed twice, or any mods with any dependency on any other mod that cannot be found, it will crash at log-in screen. Basic, simple stuff.

Also, you cannot expect to remove mods willy nilly and still be able to play old saves with no problems.

I have never known ANY issues being caused by ANY of the unofficial patches. But I have heard an awful lot of garbage from people who had no clue what they were doing.

In fact, the only issue I have ever even HEARED of was a problem with the USKP scripts for weapons racks. But as I never cared a whit about weapons racks, it never affected me.

I checked those files. The Loadorder.txt was fine, the Plugins.txt was fine, but the DLClist.txt was empty....I didn't know what to do about that :confused: Or if that was the cause of my crashes. Perhaps it was but i scoured the internet and couldnt find anything on that besides this:

And that didnt help either

I checked those files. The Loadorder.txt was fine, the Plugins.txt was fine, but the DLClist.txt was empty...

That file is the one that keeps track of mods from Steam Workshop, so it being empty is fine.

You have a legit, Steam copy of the game? Or you bought the DVDs?

What is your OS (forget if you mentioned it already).

Did you make any tweaks to Skyrim.ini and/or SkyrimPrefs.ini?

If download allowance is no problem, you could try:

completely uninstalling Skyrim,

rebooting,

running a registry cleaner,

rebooting,

updating Steam,

download and e-install Skyrim.

A drastic solution, though.

Or you could try copying the Data and Saves folders to a safe place first.

Stop modding if the USKP doesn't "work".

:dance: freedom of choice!! Bitching and moaning isn't conducive to progress.

I wasn't bitching nor moaning....just trying to figure out whats wrong with my game..... :huh:

I checked those files. The Loadorder.txt was fine, the Plugins.txt was fine, but the DLClist.txt was empty...
That file is the one that keeps track of mods from Steam Workshop, so it being empty is fine.
You have a legit, Steam copy of the game? Or you bought the DVDs?
What is your OS (forget if you mentioned it already).
Did you make any tweaks to Skyrim.ini and/or SkyrimPrefs.ini?
If download allowance is no problem, you could try:
completely uninstalling Skyrim,
rebooting,
running a registry cleaner,
rebooting,
updating Steam,
download and e-install Skyrim.
A drastic solution, though.
Or you could try copying the Data and Saves folders to a safe place first.

Actually figured out the problem tho, just had to update my drivers :smile: Thanks for the help everyone!

Actually figured out the problem tho, just had to update my drivers :smile: Thanks for the help everyone!

So, all this talk about the Unofficial Patches breaking your game, and YOU had not updated your drivers for a while?

Well, thanks for coming clean, anyway.

• 4 months later...

I have a similar strange issue....

I used a really old version of USKP, then two days ago i installed the latest version along with latest versions of USKP for the 3 official DLCs.

Now this happens:

1st load (in a small cell): CTD

2nd load (in a small cell): works

3rd load to a normal savegame from the previous load: CTD

Then the game start to work properly except for being less stable than before the update.

Should i post any log or something?

Load order is OK, tes5edit was shiny clean (no errors or anything) before the upgrade after it there are some strings about weaponry placement and stuff....

Anyone having similar problems?

Do i need to post any log? (Wich)

P.S. all drivers are updated and i am sure theya re not a problem.

P.P.S. i run windows10 i forgot if i changed anything to ini files but i followed the "skyrim beautification project" guide that should be ok since is extremely popular i think

Edited by darkfender666