Change Vortex default settings for Fallout4Custom.ini?

mac2636

Just started using Vortex and followed Sephrajin's setup instruction on Steam, then installed several his collections successfully. Trying to make some changes to Fallout4Custom.ini now, but Vortex keeps reverting it to the same as when I first set up the profile. Is it possible to change what Vortex sets the ini files to as default?

Vortex 1.5.13

Fallout 4

Windows 10

As with any INIs.

1. Edit INI

2. Save INI

3. Deploy mods

That should save your changes. Don't touch any of the other files around the INI as these are used by Vortex to work out what has changed.

If it's not working, please report it in the app with your log and the steps you took when trying to edit it.

As with any INIs.

1. Edit INI

2. Save INI

3. Deploy mods

That should save your changes. Don't touch any of the other files around the INI as these are used by Vortex to work out what has changed.

If it's not working, please report it in the app with your log and the steps you took when trying to edit it.

Thanks so much for responding. I'm pretty sure I am not understanding something. Do you mean manually edit, then save the INI via text editor (Notepad++). Then, open Vortex and deploy mods?

If so, I have done this, but now Vortex continues to overwrite my saved INI every time a make a change to my mod list.

Could you be more specific on the changes that you're trying to make and those that are being reverted? It's possible the INI tweak is specified as part of the collection you have installed, so that is what keeps applying it.

Primarily it changes

SLocalSavePath=Saves-Modded\

to

SLocalSavePath=Saves\H1DIMY4aq\

Could you be more specific on the changes that you're trying to make and those that are being reverted? It's possible the INI tweak is specified as part of the collection you have installed, so that is what keeps applying it.

Primarily it changes

to

This is not aberrant behavior on the part of Vortex. It is normal. Each profile has a unique ID. When you enable a given profile, Vortex automatically changes the saves path to that profile ID. That is what is happening in your case.

Primarily it changes

to

You need to turn off profile specific saved games for your active profile. I believe that will stop Vortex from modifying this.