Best practice for installing more than one collection with shared mods?

mac2636

In Vortex, what would be the best practice for installing a subsequent collection which contains a mod, already installed by earlier installed collection?

For example, if I the first collection I install contains MCM, but then find another collection later which also contains MCM.

Vortex will re-use the existing mods rather than redownloading them. However, if the mods have things like FOMOD installers with different options this isn't currently detected so there may be some issues you'd have to work out manually. We are looking to detect differences in FOMOD (and other requirements) for existing mods as a future update though.

Vortex will re-use the existing mods rather than redownloading them. However, if the mods has things like FOMOD installers with different options this isn't currently detected so there may be some issues you'd have to work out manually. We are looking to detect differences in FOMOD (and other requirements) for existing mods as a future update though.

Oh! Thank you, that is helpful.

Vortex will re-use the existing mods rather than redownloading them. However, if the mods have things like FOMOD installers with different options this isn't currently detected so there may be some issues you'd have to work out manually. We are looking to detect differences in FOMOD (and other requirements) for existing mods as a future update though.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I have noticed this isn't always the case. Especially with some tools like F4SE, xFO4Edit, Outfit Studio, etc. Also, when there is another version of a mod (v1.1 and v1.2) it downloads both. Though the option to disable one of those seems to work well in the version case.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I have noticed this isn't always the case. Especially with some tools like F4SE, xFO4Edit, Outfit Studio, etc. Also, when there is another version of a mod (v1.1 and v1.2) it downloads both. Though the option to disable one of those seems to work well in the version case.

As I said, if it's the exact file (including version) it will not be downloaded again. If it's a different version, Vortex will pull that version.

As I said, if it's the exact file (including version) it will not be downloaded again. If it's a different version, Vortex will pull that version.

Thanks so much. Yes, that is the behavior I've seen for most mods and the option to disable the different versions works quite well. I suppose for the tools and offsite mods and files it would be difficult to have Vortex automatically handle. In those cases, would you suggest just uninstalling them before starting the install of new collection?