I don't associate with Nazis

budcat

I'm closing my account because of Nexus mods casual acceptance of Nazi iconography in Skyrim, a game which already dances precariously on the periphery of modern white supremacists' own iconography to begin with, and the censorship of anti-fascist criticism reasonably weighed at the uploader(s) responsible for bringing swastikas to the Nords.

Be aware that this content is apparently allowed, tolerated, and protected, on the Nexus.

Not for me. Sorry to any fans who liked my mods. I'm out.

Edited by budcat

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because someone flashed the Hinduism symbol on their mod and suddenly people started yelling "Nazism!", you joined in? That's pathetic of you.

Seems people still can't tell the difference. I'm more scared people are still attributing our Hinduism symbol for "shakti" to the Nazi swastika.

What's Hindu about it in this context?

What does it matter the ancient meaning when it still means something else now?

By all means dress up like a Nazi and call yourself Hindu, I'm not associating with you.

I'm not ignorant to the meaning. I have principles and intelligence. Use yours.

Think this through. Nords + swastikas = Hinduism. And I'm stupid.

Have a good one guys.

Edited by budcat

The intelligence level is low. It's a symbol of strength, it has origins in India and in early Europe, long before Nazis came into existence. You, having used to living a pro-Nazi town (based on one of your posts), really are ignorant still. Fell for the old propaganda.

You tell us to use our heads, you forgot to use yours. Presumption before knowledge is precisely the reason why the Nazis lived to commit their crimes. You're just repeat their ignorant thinking. Congrats.

I know what it is a symbol for: current, living, campaigning, existing neo-Nazis.

People who didn't grow up in a town infested with neo-Nazis maybe aren't aware of the real dangers inherent in flashing this symbol around. It's not wise.

Edited by budcat

So me being Hindu and evoking the symbol for "shakti" or energy is Nazi? Hindus use this symbol all the time, not just me. Damn, that's pretty racist of you. You're still stuck in the 40s mentality. It's a mod and the mod author stated it's taken from the olden European symbol. People need to grow up, get out of their little bubble and move along.

FYI: my European grandparents were brutally tortured by the Nazis, but not all surprised seeing this symbol in my home when they first came to visit me.

The Nazi symbol took the original symbol and rotated it 45 degrees. This is what appears on the armor mod, so it is not the Hindu or Buddhist version of the symbol.

Maybe this was an oversight by the author.

Given the emotional associations with this symbol, even in cases where the original symbolism is intended, I am frankly surprised that someone felt it necessary...especially after it became apparent that its presence was upsetting to so many.

Then get a tattoo of it if it is so innocuous. Paint it on your car or your house. Wear it on a shirt and educate everyone about shakti.

Don't play stupid and call me ignorant.

Sorry, that's my last post, I wanted to make my position clear, not argue with people.

Seriously, have a nice life, all of you. Be good, be wise.

Edited by budcat